Ferrari in Nicolas Cage movie stunt hits bystanders

Started by garbon, May 05, 2009, 06:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090505/ts_alt_afp/entertainmentusfilmaccident_20090505153331
QuoteTwo pedestrians and a lamppost were sent flying Tuesday in New York when a Ferrari used for a stunt in an upcoming movie with Nicolas Cage spun out of control.

The incident, in which no one was seriously hurt, took place just after midnight in Times Square during shooting for a Disney film "The Sorcerer's Apprentice," the New York Post reported.

Photographs in the Post showed the black Ferrari leap onto the pavement, hit the two pedestrians, knock down a lamppost and plough into the door of a fast-food pizza outlet.

The stunt driver, aged 34, was playing Cage's double and had experience in a number of high-adrenalin movies including "The Bourne Ultimatum" and "Indiana Jones," the Post said.

"I thought it was a drunk driver," Norweigian tourist Sveinung Egeland was quoted as saying.

Norway. :rolleyes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habsburg

Siege

His movies suck more and more.

Knowing was such a disappointment.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Habsburg

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."