RIP Don DeLuise

Started by Martinus, May 05, 2009, 05:34:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

:(

P.S. Feel free to start a separate "Burn in hell" thread.  :P

PDH

He wasn't gay, mart, so you don't care.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Caliga

Quote from: PDH on May 05, 2009, 05:49:47 PM
He wasn't gay, mart, so you don't care.

OR WAS HE!?!?! :o
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Siege

Martinus, never come to languish meeting where I am, because I am gonna bitch slapp you until I pass out.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Siege on May 05, 2009, 07:06:49 PM
Martinus, never come to languish meeting where I am, because I am gonna bitch slapp you until I pass out.

someone pls film that. thankyouinadvance
:p

Siege

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on May 05, 2009, 09:56:17 PM

someone pls film that. thankyouinadvance

So he can sue me? Hell no!

Caliga

Last night I was watching Fatso clips on YouTube.

"YOU ATE THE 'ONY'!"

Classic! *wipes tear out of eye*

Norgy

What makes you think people would go to meetings where you are (except maybe the AA)?
If I want my water supply poisoned, I can do that myself.

Caliga

P.S. It's DOM DeLuise, not DON DeLuise. :mad:

(Dom = short for Dominic)

Siege

Strix

He was hilarious in The End. Oddly enough if they made a movie about Languishites than The End would be perfect for Berkut and Grumbler. Just not sure who would be Burt's character and who would be Dom's.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

grumbler

Quote from: Strix on May 07, 2009, 03:00:02 PM
He was hilarious in The End. Oddly enough if they made a movie about Languishites than The End would be perfect for Berkut and Grumbler. Just not sure who would be Burt's character and who would be Dom's.
Yet another poster moves past Martinus on the "least ability to make an analogy" roster.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Strix

Quote from: grumbler on May 07, 2009, 05:38:29 PM
Yet another poster moves past Martinus on the "least ability to make an analogy" roster.

It's not an analogy.  :lmfao:

I was implying that based on your behaviors on the forum that you and Berkut are similar and/or have a resemblance to the characters played by Reynolds and DeLuise in the movie The End.

No one was trying to make an in-depth analogy comparing the characters in the movie to you and Berkut.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

grumbler

Quote from: Strix on May 07, 2009, 07:50:50 PM
It's not an analogy.  :lmfao:
:lmfao:  You obviously don't know what an analogy is.

QuoteI was implying that based on your behaviors on the forum that you and Berkut are similar and/or have a resemblance to the characters played by Reynolds and DeLuise in the movie The End.
Yes.  That is called an analogy.
Main Entry:
    anal·o·gy Listen to the pronunciation of analogy
Pronunciation:
    \ə-ˈna-lə-jē\
Function:
    noun
Inflected Form(s):
    plural anal·o·gies
Date:
    15th century
2 a: resemblance in some particulars between things otherwise unlike : similarity
b: comparison based on such resemblance

QuoteNo one was trying to make an in-depth analogy comparing the characters in the movie to you and Berkut.
And no one was credibly arguing that there is any resemblance at all between either Berkut or myself and either of the mentioned characters from the movie, hence my notation that your analogies suck harder than even Marti's.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: grumbler on May 07, 2009, 05:38:29 PM

Possibly, but Marty still holds the crown for being worst at "argument by analogy" as Strix was simply making an observation.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?