Game of Thrones now only second most interesting show on TV.

Started by Viking, April 17, 2012, 01:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Yes, when I first saw the letters "House of Cards (2012)" I came in my pants.

Starring Kevin Spacey and directed by Seven, Fight Club and Girl w. Dragon Tattoo director David Fincher with a $100M budget and 26 episodes I have not had such high hopes for any TV production since A Game of Thrones (and before that ever).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Cards_%28U.S._TV_series%29

America, you have no idea what is about to hit you.

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Viking on April 17, 2012, 01:39:23 PM
Yes, when I first saw the letters "House of Cards (2012)" I came in my pants.

Was it fruious?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

So that is the shit Netfux is wasting its money on instead of securing more old shit for me to watch in my underwear.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Tamas

This better not end up being yet another "war in iraq was evil, bushitler" movie/series.

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on April 17, 2012, 02:08:48 PM
This better not end up being yet another "war in iraq was evil, bushitler" movie/series.

Is it about the vile crimes committed by Martyhitler and Poland in the Iraq war?  Everybody always forgets about Poland.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Viking

In which case everybody involved needs to be destroyed in fire since they will have betrayed the spirit of the book and series.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

CountDeMoney

Yeah, my sister attended the cattle call for extras on that a few weeks ago.  I skipped it, because Katmai wasn't going to be there.

Barrister

I saw the Brit original years and years ago on masterpiece theatre (well, not the original, but the sequel - Final Cut I think it was called).  Marvelous stuff.  But I have very few hopes that US cable can do it justice.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Viking

Quote from: Barrister on April 17, 2012, 02:26:12 PMMarvelous stuff.  But I have very few hopes that US cable can do it justice.

I'm the eternal optimist.

Sheilbh

Like?

To be honest I think given how soon after Iraq is it's batting above average for good films.

Quote from: Barrister on April 17, 2012, 02:26:12 PM
I saw the Brit original years and years ago on masterpiece theatre (well, not the original, but the sequel - Final Cut I think it was called).  Marvelous stuff.  But I have very few hopes that US cable can do it justice.
I don't.  That cast and that director.  I think it's got a lot of potential.
Let's bomb Russia!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 17, 2012, 02:29:17 PM
Like?

Lions for Lambs. Fahrenheit 9/11. Crash.

Ok, maybe not that last one.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 17, 2012, 02:15:55 PM
Yeah, my sister attended the cattle call for extras on that a few weeks ago.  I skipped it, because Katmai wasn't going to be there.

Aw shucks  :blush:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son