Nomination Thread For Poll Of America's Greatest Foe.

Started by mongers, April 15, 2012, 09:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 16, 2012, 10:06:31 AM
Outside the National Gallery in Trafalgar Square :P

It was because he favored the British over the French as President isn't it? <_<
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Viking on April 16, 2012, 08:54:13 AM
Quote from: Valmy on April 16, 2012, 08:47:15 AM
Quote from: Viking on April 16, 2012, 08:44:47 AM
Though all this dissembling on how the CSA is an enemy opens up the nomination to Grant, Sherman, Sheridan and Thomas.

There is no dissembling here.  People in the Civil War are not under consideration, because both sides were Americans.

Treasonous rebels in armed insurrection against the lawful government and constitution of the Uniteds states do not get to count as foes of america?

If that's the case, then Cromwell is the greatest enemy the English had ever encountered, because he beat their asses.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Valmy on April 16, 2012, 10:09:49 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on April 16, 2012, 10:06:31 AM
Outside the National Gallery in Trafalgar Square :P

It was because he favored the British over the French as President isn't it? <_<
:lol:  I've no idea to be honest.  We've got statues of Gandhi and Nehru too.  And Smuts who wasn't always terribly pro-British.

QuoteIf that's the case, then Cromwell is the greatest enemy the English had ever encountered, because he beat their asses.
Cromwell was God's Englishman.  He beat the treasonous rebels against the English constitution.  Prince Rupert wasn't good enough to make the top 5 :P
Let's bomb Russia!

Viking

Quote from: Malthus on April 16, 2012, 10:00:34 AM
Gah.

Why not just accept that, for whatever reason, the topic here is the non-Civil War enemies of America?  :lol:

That discussion is about as interesting as one on the non-decepticon enemies of Optimus Prime.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Malthus

Quote from: Viking on April 16, 2012, 10:16:15 AM
Gah.

Why not just accept that, for whatever reason, the topic here is the non-Civil War enemies of America?  :lol:

That discussion is about as interesting as one on the non-decepticon enemies of Optimus Prime.

Heh, you are one of the all-Civil-War-all-the-time fanbois?  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

katmai

Fuck you mongers, have me siding with Timmay and Viking in a thread. :ultra:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 16, 2012, 07:32:56 AM
I dunno, he managed to kill a shitload of Chinamen, something a lot of other better generals never had the opportunity to do.

A better (hell, even competent) general in his place would have killed a fuckton more, and not have had MacArthur's butcher's bill.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Gah.

Because they know fuck-all about American military history barring the ACW?  :lol:

'Tards gotta 'tard, and gotta 'tardbitch all the time as they 'tard.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

FunkMonk

Quote from: Ideologue on April 15, 2012, 09:07:04 PM
QuoteNominate who you think has been the US's greatest opponent who's lead an army in the field against America.

Douglas MacArthur.

Well he crushed the hell out of the Bonus Army.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

CountDeMoney

Viking

Quote from: Malthus on April 16, 2012, 10:19:19 AM
Quote from: Viking on April 16, 2012, 10:16:15 AM
Gah.

Heh, you are one of the all-Civil-War-all-the-time fanbois?  :lol:

No, I am one of the "the CSA counts as one of the enemies of the USA"'tards.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Neil

Washington led a treasonous army against his King.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

DGuller

Zoupa