News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Angry Centurions Besiege Colosseum

Started by JonasSalk, April 12, 2012, 10:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonasSalk

Video of angry wops provided in link. It's even funnier because I only understand a tiny portion of what they're saying.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/9201344/Angry-Roman-centurions-besiege-Colosseum.html

QuoteComplete with red skirts, tunics, armour, swords and feathered helmets, the protesting centurions clashed with police in front of the city's tourist attraction, the Colosseum, built in the times of Ancient Rome.

The policemen arrived at the ancient amphitheatre to enforce an eviction notice to the men, who normally ask tourists for money in exchange for a photograph with them.

Italy's culture ministry said the men had no permits and often harassed and stalked tourists in addition for asking for exorbitant amounts of money.

Clashes with police broke out when city police arrived to remove two centurions who had occupied part of an arcade.

Some 25 centurions tried to stop the police, but during the scuffles, one of the protesters fell to his feet and was slightly injured.

Some onlookers joined in the protest in support of the centurions, saying: "Leave them alone. We are all centurions".
Yuman

Razgovory

I remember those guys.  I didn't know they didn't actually have jobs.  I never talked to one.  I saw lots of strange things.  I got lost once and got chased by a street gang.  I also saw either lumberjacks or prostitutes.  I wasn't sure which they were.  They may have been both.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

I think they're saying....

I'm Spartacus.
No, I'm Spartacus!
BAPITI-BOPPI BAPITI-BOPPI BAPITI-BOPPI!
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points