News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

French Presidential Election

Started by Zoupa, April 10, 2012, 10:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on May 06, 2012, 01:28:26 PM
I'm pleased, I think the Germans may be overcooking austerity in the Eurozone, Hollande may be able to change that.

I wouldn't bet on it if I were you but good luck  :D

(he will probably fuck up, but lets give the chap a chance)

Now you're getting cynical  :P

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on May 06, 2012, 01:28:52 PM
Well, France sucks again :(

Yup.

Major fuck-up for the Euroconomic and global outlook, NATO, and US foreign policy.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 06, 2012, 01:45:37 PM

Yup.

Major fuck-up for the Euroconomic and global outlook, NATO, and US foreign policy.

Holland and major? Does not compute  :lol:

Zoupa

A voté!

It's morning in Europe.

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 06, 2012, 01:45:37 PM

Yup.

Maybe if you guys wrote letters to French voters, it would have worked out differently. :(

Martinus

Oh and suck it Angela. I like to think that her "campaigning" hurt rather than helped Sarko's chances.

Fireblade

Quote from: Jacob on May 06, 2012, 01:29:45 PM
So what will come from a Hollande victory?

Morning in France again. :)

Neil

I don't know.  The problems in Europe are much to big for their governments to fix.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Fireblade

In related news: The Greek election results are a hilarious clusterfuck of fail. New Democracy is first, with about 17%.  :lol:

Well guys, the Euro was cool while it lasted.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Fireblade on May 06, 2012, 03:16:30 PM

So was France.

Then again, this must be how Brits and Euros felt after the 2000 election.   :( YOURE GOING THE WRONG WAY

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Zoupa on May 06, 2012, 02:15:41 PM
A voté!

It's morning in Europe.

A Golden Dawn in Greece indeed

http://www.ekathimerini.com/4dcgi/_w_articles_wsite1_1_06/05/2012_440848
QuoteGreece's two main pro-austerity parties suffered major losses in elections Sunday, exit polls showed, throwing into doubt the eurozone country's commitment to meeting the tough terms of its two bailouts.

The conservative New Democracy led by Antonis Samaras was the largest party with 17-20 percent of the vote, insufficient to give it an absolute majority and down from 33.5 percent at the last election in 2009, the exit polls showed.

The left-wing Pasok saw its score slump to 14-17 percent from 43.9 percent. The party was even leapfrogged into second place by the leftist Syriza party, which scored 15.5-18.5 percent, up from 4.6 percent three years ago.

A neo-Nazi party, Golden Dawn, was also set to enter parliament for the first time in nearly 40 years, notching up 6-8 percent. The communist KKE scored 7.5-9.5 percent, compared to 7.5 percent in 2009, the exit polls showed.

Metaxas über alles!

The KKE Stalinists are still higher though.

Fireblade

I, personally, am hoping that Golden Dawn seizes power in Greece and invades Turkey to seize Constantinople. And then is promptly curb-stomped and skull-fucked by 500,000 Turks.

Zoupa

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 06, 2012, 03:17:56 PM
Quote from: Fireblade on May 06, 2012, 03:16:30 PM

So was France.

Then again, this must be how Brits and Euros felt after the 2000 election.   :( YOURE GOING THE WRONG WAY

Give the man a chance. Bubba Clinton likes him.

CountDeMoney

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Zoupa on May 06, 2012, 03:25:27 PM
Give the man a chance. Bubba Clinton likes him.

My fears--aside from the Euronomic fuck-up--is that France will downshift several gears when it comes to an aggressive foreign policy, e.g., NATO participation and coordination, Iran, WoT humint tracking and monitoring, France's strategic nuclear posture.

The French are an invaluable international asset in those regards.  I will miss them.