And we're back!

Main Menu

Happy Zombie Jesus Day...

Started by C.C.R., April 08, 2012, 07:30:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 09, 2012, 05:32:20 AM
We always had tiny little glasses filled with grape juice. :thumbsdown:

Yeah, that's also one of Methodism's biggest failings.  Too much damned Temperance/Prohibitionist in our history.

I got stuck going to the contemporary service with my parents.  Felt embarrassed for everyone else there.  But I did get a kick out of watching the stereotypical 50 year old church lady rocking out on the bass.

I've said it before & I'll say it again: I like my religion solemn and traditional, and I like my rock music secular.  The two just don't mix and I don't get how people think they do.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Ya know, we got a solemn and traditional thing going on over here...
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Duque de Bragança

Viking

BTW, since I have't bashed the faithtards...

QuoteChristianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Sheilbh

I was going to the local CofE Church for Easter.  Saw they had a female vicar and left :bleeding:

I've since looked them up and apparently they're liberal Anglo-Catholics (incense!) so I may visit.  But I've got no hopes, based on the trendiness of the celebrant <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Viking on April 10, 2012, 04:13:58 AM

You left out the word "today".
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Viking

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 10, 2012, 04:40:56 AM
Quote from: Viking on April 10, 2012, 04:13:58 AM

You left out the word "today".

No, I left out the words "in this thread", I've been bashing faithtards in the GOP Nomination thread.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

grumbler

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 10, 2012, 04:26:06 AM
I was going to the local CofE Church for Easter.  Saw they had a female vicar and left :bleeding:

Glad to see that prejudice doesn't take the holidays off in Blighty.  :bowler:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Viking

Quote from: Razgovory on April 10, 2012, 06:42:20 AM
Viking is in England?

Born in Oxford and went to Imperial College.

Crazy_Ivan80

Viking is in England?

someone has to burn and pillage those monasteries

grumbler

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on April 10, 2012, 08:12:08 AM

...now that Henry VIII is dead...
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Martinus

Viking

Viking is in England?

BTW, King Knut is an ancestor or mine. My claim is better than that german scum that sits there now.

Josquius

Quote from: Viking on April 10, 2012, 09:22:41 AM
Viking is in England?

BTW, King Knut is an ancestor or mine. My claim is better than that german scum that sits there now.
He's her  ancestor too.
██████
██████
██████