Honecker widow Margot defends communist East Germany

Started by jimmy olsen, April 06, 2012, 10:43:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

That fucking bitch has some serious gall whining about her pension. She should get jack shit.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-17595526
QuoteHonecker widow Margot defends communist East Germany
The widow of the last ruler of communist East Germany has defended the former regime's hardline policies in a rare TV interview.

Margot Honecker, 84, lives in exile in Chile. She and her late husband Erich moved there after the Berlin Wall fell in 1989.

She was education minister in East Germany (the GDR), responsible for ideological conformity.

She called ex-Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev a "traitor" for his reforms.

She also expressed irritation about her pension of 1,500 euros (£1,249; $2,000) a month from today's unified German state, calling it "outrageously small".

"For me the GDR was my life," she said in the German ARD television documentary.

"It's a tragedy that that country no longer exists."

She ran East German schools from 1963 to 1989 and was also responsible for the policy of forcibly removing the children of dissidents and their adoption by the ideologically faithful.

On the hardline attitude towards dissent, she says simply: "We had enemies, so we had national security".

She said East Germans who were shot trying to flee to the West during the Cold War had only themselves to blame.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Duque de Bragança

Valmy

:lol: She thinks that is outrageously small she should have seen what the average East German wage could buy.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

I didn't even know that Germany was paying her.  I wonder how much Helmut Kohl would have gotten had East Germany taken over.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Razgovory on April 06, 2012, 12:27:54 PM
I didn't even know that Germany was paying her.  I wonder how much Helmut Kohl would have gotten had East Germany taken over.
Two in the chest and one in the head during a 'failed escape attempt'.
PDH!

CountDeMoney

I miss the DDR.  As fucked up as Communism was, nobody did it better than the Germans.