News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

French Far-Left Rising

Started by Sheilbh, April 06, 2012, 09:18:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on April 06, 2012, 09:57:33 AM
Cuba is not a dictatorship according to him as well :)

You know, I love me some Sarkozy, but I have to admit:  I like this guy.

Quote"Look, we have to smash this prejudice that the rich are useful just because they're rich," he said.

Awesome.

QuoteHis detractors say he is France-centric and anti-European.

Awesomer.

QuoteBut the principle danger is the world today is the US. "The Americans don't have a good press in our country and I take it upon myself to lead the scepticism that their behaviour elicits." He says the US is in "a crisis of hegemony", and that "their currency is sick and they're trying to defend it by every means possible, keeping it as a world reserve currency that allows them to live off the rest of the world's credit".

He adds: "The US's only comparative advantage today is its military. It's dangerous because it's a wounded beast."

HEY NOW

Scipio

You know, if the Tsar had actually killed Lenin.....
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Sheilbh

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 06, 2012, 08:02:17 PM

I love any candidate running on a 1789 platform.  Plus his arguments with Le Pen are magnificent.  Responding to being called the 'useful idiot of the system' she said that her obsession with foreigners is 'half-demented' :lol:

Edit:  For example: 'In a Revolution, there are no nice bits and nasty bits. It is a whole unto itself! Yes, there may be mistakes and failures - but oh, how marvellous, how glorious, how splendid, how extraordinary, how luminous a story for humankind!' :mmm:

I like this too 'France is not a Western country, it is a universalist country' :lol:

It's rolling on, though.  He got a crowd of 70 000 in a rainy Toulouse.

It'll be interesting, after the first round, to see the social makeup of his vote.

Meanwhile Sarko's campaigns been unhappy with the perception of Germany running Europe.  So Juppe's promised that if Sarko wins he'll put France back in the driving seat and create 'a new Europe...a Europe of borders...a Europe that protects.'  He's not just promising to renegotiate Schengen but to change trade rules to protect Europe from this 'profoundly new world we face'.
Let's bomb Russia!

Crazy_Ivan80

finally someone that would run france into the ground.
Next up: disbanding france.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 07, 2012, 12:52:58 AM

I love any candidate running on a 1789 platform.

Amen, brother.

QuoteI like this too 'France is not a Western country, it is a universalist country' :lol:

If only more nations took that attitude.

QuoteMeanwhile Sarko's campaigns been unhappy with the perception of Germany running Europe.  So Juppe's promised that if Sarko wins he'll put France back in the driving seat and create 'a new Europe...a Europe of borders...a Europe that protects.'  He's not just promising to renegotiate Schengen but to change trade rules to protect Europe from this 'profoundly new world we face'.

You people over there will never get along with one another.  It's beautiful to see.

11B4V

QuoteBut the principle danger is the world today is the US. "The Americans don't have a good press in our country and I take it upon myself to lead the scepticism that their behaviour elicits." He says the US is in "a crisis of hegemony", and that "their currency is sick and they're trying to defend it by every means possible, keeping it as a world reserve currency that allows them to live off the rest of the world's credit".

He adds: "The US's only comparative advantage today is its military. It's dangerous because it's a wounded beast."

HEY NOW
[/quote]
:nelson:
He's just mad because they are just a bar band now and cant hack it as a headliner.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: 11B4V on April 07, 2012, 10:16:39 AM
:nelson:
He's just mad because they are just a bar band now and cant hack it as a headliner.

Who wouldn't be a little upset at being overshadowed by America?

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Zoupa

I'm not sure where his surge in the polls is coming from, but my feeling is from working class folks who've had enough of Le Pen's hateful shit.

I'll take a true lefty over a fascist polling at 15% any day.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 07, 2012, 12:52:58 AM

I love any candidate running on a 1793 platform.

FYP
Are you a true Jacobine ? I actually approve of his suggested end of special status for Elsaß-Mosel (laïcité über alles at last ! :)

Comte Largent

He's pro-chinese btw (Red variety)

mongers

Quote from: Zoupa on April 07, 2012, 09:21:02 PM
I'm not sure where his surge in the polls is coming from, but my feeling is from working class folks who've had enough of Le Pen's hateful shit.

:thumbsup:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Duque de Bragança

I'll take a true lefty-demagog over a true-righty demagog  polling at 15% any day.

FYP

As for hateful shit, he's pretty good at it, for instance vs Lithuanians.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Crazy_Ivan80

that's like taking a turd instead of a turd. In the end all you have a bag of shit.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall