News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The answer to an unasked question: PB&J vodka

Started by jimmy olsen, April 04, 2012, 09:31:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Gross! :yuk:

http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/04/11021828-the-answer-to-an-unasked-question-pbj-vodka?lite

QuoteThe answer to an unasked question: PB&J vodka
By msnbc.com staff

You may have thought that bacon-flavored vodka was bad – and if you tasted it you know this to be hangover-inducingly true. But that may be top shelf compared to peanut butter & jelly vodka.

Evidently, Van Gogh Vodka sees the need for alcoholics to embrace their inner second-grader. PB&J is a thing, as reported by BarBiz mag.

Van Gogh is proud to introduce their own take on the classic PB&J, transforming its timeless flavor into a delightfully smooth peanut butter and raspberry jelly flavored vodka. Master Distiller Tim Vos selected raspberry flavored jelly after taste-testing peanut butter sandwiches matched with various jellies. "For me, the raspberry jelly came out the best," he says. "It is fresh, fruity and mingles very well with the oily structure of the peanut butter."

We're not even sure how to drink this? Straight up? PB&J-tini? As punishment for crimes in a past life?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

PRC

Bacon infused vodka has one purpose: Caesars.  You're not supposed to drink it straight or mix it with cranberry juice... you make Caesars and that's where it works well.  Smoked-Salmon infused vodka is another one seems ludicrous, but mix it in your Caesar and it works very well.  I'm not sure PB&J vodka would work in a Caesar, but maybe there is some obscure recipe drink out there where it would be a fit.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: PRC on April 04, 2012, 11:25:26 PM
Bacon infused vodka has one purpose: Caesars.  You're not supposed to drink it straight or mix it with cranberry juice... you make Caesars and that's where it works well.  Smoked-Salmon infused vodka is another one seems ludicrous, but mix it in your Caesar and it works very well.  I'm not sure PB&J vodka would work in a Caesar, but maybe there is some obscure recipe drink out there where it would be a fit.

That appears to be a PR Canada cocktail exclusive.   :huh:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Ideologue

I'll have a Tsar of All the Russias with a Chrysanthemum Throne back, please.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on April 04, 2012, 11:42:35 PM
I'll have a Tsar of All the Russias with a Chrysanthemum Throne back, please.
I have a map just for that!
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

PRC

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on April 04, 2012, 11:39:00 PM
Quote from: PRC on April 04, 2012, 11:25:26 PM

That appears to be a PR Canada cocktail exclusive.   :huh:

It's too bad, it's a damn fine drink and it really should have a wider audience... even in its simpler forms.  The Caesar is the ultimate "hair of the dog" hang-over drink.  Your eleven am cocktail to shake the rust off.  I like mine with heat, lots of Worcestershire, and prefer it with a couple pickled asparagus.  Now-a-days there are plenty of eccentric garnishes, some of them work and some not.  5th Street Bar & Grill in Victoria has a Caesar variation that comes with a chicken wing in it and it's actually pretty damn good.  They also have a wasabi based Caesar that's alright, but i will usually order the cowboy version. 

On the flip side bartenders might not like the drink so much because it takes some time to mix.  Nothing worse on a busy brunch when a family shows up and orders six virgin Caesars.  Always get a double and always tip strong for a good one even though it inevitably takes longer to get to you than a pint.

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

The Caesar is one thing that Canada does absolutely better than the US.

Monoriu

When you guys say "Caesar" do you mean "Caesar salad"?  Or is it a drink?  :unsure:

Admiral Yi

Short for Bloody Caesar.  Variant on the Bloody Mary.  A drink.

The Brain

Never heard of it. Does such a thing really exist?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

jimmy olsen

I've seen it a Canadian bar called "Beer O'Clock" in Sinchon. It is absolutely horrific.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Monoriu

And I thought there is a new and better way of making caesar salad.