News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

ALBERTA: Provincial Elections!

Started by PRC, April 03, 2012, 01:35:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win the Albertan Provincial Elections? Cast your vote!  (See Below for Party Leader Images & Policy Synopsis)

Alberta Liberal Party
3 (17.6%)
Alberta New Democratic Party
1 (5.9%)
Alberta Party
0 (0%)
Alberta Social Credit Party
0 (0%)
Communist Party - Alberta
3 (17.6%)
Evergreen Party of Alberta
0 (0%)
Separation Party of Alberta
2 (11.8%)
Wildrose Alliance Party
8 (47.1%)
Progressive Conservative Association of Alberta
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 17

crazy canuck

Quote from: Oexmelin on April 26, 2012, 03:31:08 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on April 26, 2012, 03:26:37 PM
The thing is both would have been disasters as PM, particularly Dion.

I doubt Dion would have amounted to anything as a PM - but would that justify the kind of attack ad he got?

Heck, I think Harper is a crypto-fascist and I don't think he should be the subject of attack ads...  :P

Its not a justification. It is a reason the attacks ads worked as well as they did.  There was something to the suggestion that Dion would have been ineffective at best and there was something to the suggestion that Iggy was an elitist.

Its the same way attack ads against Harper work.  People believe there is a hidden agenda lurking in his black heart.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on April 26, 2012, 03:30:11 PM
Quote from: viper37 on April 26, 2012, 03:27:35 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 26, 2012, 03:24:50 PM
You know I kind of felt bad for the character attacks on Dion and Ignatieff, both of whom by all accounts seemed like pretty decent human beings.
had you lived in Quebec, you would not say that about Dion.

I'm pretty sure I would.
nobody earns the nickname "federalist pit-bull" for being a decent human being.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Oexmelin on April 26, 2012, 03:36:19 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on April 26, 2012, 03:01:06 PM
And on the left.

Who?

The Liberals and US Democrats have strong ties.  I recall a story during Iggy's time about how the Liberals were getting campaigning lessons from their US counterparts.

The really funny one is how upset David Suzuki gets over his foundation actually having to follow the rules in the tax code regarding how many resources non profits can devote to engaging in politics and how the government is actually going to enforce it now.

As I side note it is odd that the left would not be behind such a move given the kind of third party political spending that goes on in the US.  But I digress.

In a recent interview Suzuki conceded that his foundation does recieve foriegn money but he was quick to add his group was always within the law regarding political activities and he was stepping down from his role there to ensure they stayed off side.

In reality he had stepped down months the new budget and before any announcements about enforcing the rules regarding nonprofits  and no interviewers have questioned his apparent grand standing now - but again I digress.

He also talked about how enviornmental groups on both sides of the border "communicate" within one another.  I wish the interviewer had pressed him on what that meant.  Turns out there are a number of people south of the border (from enviornment groups - and movie stars  :rolleyes: who want to speak at the Enbridge pipeline hearings.  I wonder if the two have anything to do with one another? :hmm:

crazy canuck

Quote from: viper37 on April 26, 2012, 03:51:02 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 26, 2012, 03:30:11 PM
Quote from: viper37 on April 26, 2012, 03:27:35 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 26, 2012, 03:24:50 PM
You know I kind of felt bad for the character attacks on Dion and Ignatieff, both of whom by all accounts seemed like pretty decent human beings.
had you lived in Quebec, you would not say that about Dion.

I'm pretty sure I would.
nobody earns the nickname "federalist pit-bull" for being a decent human being.

Pit pulls are a misunderstood breed.  They are cute and cuddly.  If you knew a bit pull you would never call Dion one.

Neil

Mulroney had an attack ad for Chretien?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Neil on April 26, 2012, 04:08:21 PM

Yep, or at least the PCs did.

Oexmelin

Sorry - Campbell:

Is this a Prime Minister?

Que le grand cric me croque !

Neil

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 26, 2012, 04:09:52 PM
Yep, or at least the PCs did.
See, now I could see the PCs, but for Mulroney to run attack ads on Chretien when they never faced each other in an election makes no sense.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Oexmelin on April 26, 2012, 04:12:38 PM
Sorry - Campbell:

Is this a Prime Minister?

The answer was:  Yes.

I was a big Chretien supporter in '93, because the Tories had put a 7% tax on books.

crazy canuck

And here I was blaming BB all these years.

What did you do when Chretian broke his promise and did not remove the GST?

Neil

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 26, 2012, 04:36:37 PM
And here I was blaming BB all these years.

What did you do when Chretian broke his promise and did not remove the GST?
Refoooorm.

crazy canuck

That is a relief. I was blaming the correct person all along. :hug:

Neil

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 26, 2012, 06:06:49 PM
That is a relief. I was blaming the correct person all along. :hug:
What choice did I have?  When the Liberal government devoted themselves to their racist policies against Ethnic Albertans, only the Reform promised to stand up for us, even thought they also wanted a stupid triple-E senate.

katmai

OMG, you people are still talking about your politics?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Jacob

Quote from: katmai on April 26, 2012, 06:31:22 PM
OMG, you people are still talking about your politics?

Yes, the ways of our people are strange and inscrutable to outsiders.