So Raz is thinking of getting into space simulators.

Started by Razgovory, March 31, 2012, 11:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Razgovory

Quote from: Pedrito on April 05, 2012, 04:14:51 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 05, 2012, 11:25:55 AM
Raz has decided to hold off on buying expensive new PC games and controllers.  My sis is having a tough time up in Wisconsin and I'm going to send her some cash to help make ends meet.  I bought Torment off Good old Games for like 10 bucks.  That'll be enough for now.

Thank you all for your input.
:hug:

I just finished a rerun of Torment. Get the widescreen mod and some of the restored content, it becomes even better than it was.

L.

Man the download instructions for that is pretty long.  Yeesh.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Pedrito

Yes, but do you really want to play it at 800X600?

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Razgovory

It is a bit jarring.  The main character is about 3 inches tall my monitor.  It's like I'm playing with GI Joes again.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

garbon

Btw, I thought Freelancer was fun if you wanna get it on the cheap...or I can try and see if I have my cds still and mail you. Won't be playing it again. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

That's okay, garbon.  I'm not giving you the coordinates to the Raz Cave.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Garbon don't touch states unless they have ocean bordering them :yes:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

Quote from: katmai on April 06, 2012, 11:14:18 PM
Garbon don't touch states unless they have ocean bordering them :yes:

+1 or at least a Great Lake!

Razgovory

He may send Thugge assassins.  Can't be to careful.

Anyway, I found I didn't like messing with the resolutions.  I'll just keep it the way it is.  As God Intended.  I'll use the restored content patch though.

garbon

Razgovory