Michael Savage Banned from the UK

Started by alfred russel, May 05, 2009, 10:01:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brazen

Quote from: derspiess on May 05, 2009, 10:42:09 AM
Quote from: Brazen on May 05, 2009, 10:34:53 AM
Quote from: alfred russel on May 05, 2009, 10:01:00 AM
Michael Savage, who is listed under his real name, Michael Alan Wiener
:lmfao: The sheer shame should keep him out.

What?  "Wiener" is a term of great respect in the U.S.  Is it not the same in the UK???
We don't use exactly the same term, but by the time we've called someone a "processed meat product with added flavouring, colouring and sulphites" they've usually left the room.

Crazy_Ivan80

from what I saw where the guidelines used to ban people from entering the UK I fear that the UK would have no choice but to ban half its muslim population from entering, as well as a significant portion of its native population.

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on May 06, 2009, 01:03:45 AM
Uhm, last time I checked, most apes and chimpanzees care about breeding, but hardly any of them care about having good bodies and wearing designer clothes. Consequently, it's the breeders who behave like apes, not us. Other than that the guy is spot on - of course his speech is tainted with desperation, because he realizes he is losing the cultural war, as the world inexorably marches on towards the Homotopia (tm) to the sound of ABBA and Pet Shop Boys. Mwhahah. Mwhahahahahahaha.  :menace:
Isn't that a pyrrhic victory, given that a West that has fallen to gays will be overrun and destroyed by other, more civilized peoples?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on May 06, 2009, 01:03:45 AM
Uhm, last time I checked, most apes and chimpanzees care about breeding, but hardly any of them care about having good bodies and wearing designer clothes. Consequently, it's the breeders who behave like apes, not us. Other than that the guy is spot on - of course his speech is tainted with desperation, because he realizes he is losing the cultural war, as the world inexorably marches on towards the Homotopia (tm) to the sound of ABBA and Pet Shop Boys. Mwhahah. Mwhahahahahahaha.  :menace:

Um the dude talks that way about everybody.  You homos aren't special.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: Alatriste on May 06, 2009, 12:56:58 AM
You mean, like banning cuban singer Silvio Rodriguez from visiting America?
Got a cite for the "banning?"  As far as my research tells me, he was not banned; he simply didn't get the visa approved in time for his trip.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

AnchorClanker

Quote from: alfred russel on May 05, 2009, 10:29:08 AM
Quote from: Berkut on May 05, 2009, 10:27:02 AM
Wow, that is just stupid.

Savage is a typical radio blow hard, but the idea that a democracy would ban him from visiting for saying things they don't like is rather lame. But hey, it is their country.

What about Fred Phelps?

He's banned as well.  I saw a list of the banned folks in the paper today, and the majority of them were Muslims who
called for jihad or called the Jews monkeys.  The non-Muslims appear (at least to me) to have been included just so the
UK government could deflect claims that they were only banning Muslims.  Two of them were Russian nationalist murders
who have been in a Russian prison since 2007, and are NOT coming to visit Britain any time in the forseeable future.
Other non-Muslims who made the list was Don Black, former KKK and founder of Stormfront, and a Kahanite talking head.
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

Sheilbh

That's only the list since October last year.  I believe there's a further 13 on the list since March.  The government say they've released it to show what sort of people they're banning.
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

I wish the British government would give us a handy rule of thumb to distinguish between incitement to violence and being critical of others.

MadImmortalMan

Well, I'd be surprised if Savage has actually ever incited anyone to violence, but I do see the political value in using him as a lightning rod on this. (Though I fail to see why such a list needed to be published at all.) It may backfire in the end, though. I mean, with the reputation for the UK and libel cases, is there any possible way the Home Office can win a case against him? And if they lose, what does that mean for the others on the list who are legitimate threats?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Razgovory

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 07, 2009, 01:49:52 AM
Well, I'd be surprised if Savage has actually ever incited anyone to violence, but I do see the political value in using him as a lightning rod on this. (Though I fail to see why such a list needed to be published at all.) It may backfire in the end, though. I mean, with the reputation for the UK and libel cases, is there any possible way the Home Office can win a case against him? And if they lose, what does that mean for the others on the list who are legitimate threats?

Guys a fraud.  He used to be hippy selling herbal medicine till he figured out he could make more money fooling a larger class of fools.  I figured Marty would like considering rumors of a homosexual past.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Minsky Moment

QuoteTwenty-nine percent of all inmates in federal prisons are illegal aliens. No, Mr. Bush, they do not all come here to work, they do not all come here to work. They come here to work the system, sell drugs, rape, and kill on contract. Don't lie to us.

Yes Michael there are many illegal aliens in federal prisons.  That is in large part because illegal re-entry into the United States is a federal crime, punishable by a prison term.  68% of the illegal aliens in federal prisons are there on immigration offenses.  When we catch an alien coming back into the country illegally -- even if he or she is entirely peaceful and trying to hold down a job -- we don't just throw him back.  No we try to "teach him a lesson" by hosting him for taxpayer expense at our wonderful federal prison facilities.  We do this not because it makes much sense from a policy perspective, but because harried members of Congress are trying to placate morons like you and the nitwits who listen to your show. 

Drug offences it is true takes up is also a pretty significant proportion of the illegal alien federal prison population.  Then again, they make up a significant proportion of the citizen federal prison population.  Of the total US federal prison population, over 50% of the prisoners are there on drug offenses.  For illegal aliens the figure is 21%.

Needless to say illegal alien contract killers are not a big proportion of the US federal prison population.   I don't have the exact numbers on this, but the total number ofillegal aliens incarcerated in federal prisons on ALL homicide charges was 13 (c end of 2003).
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Fireblade

QuoteSavage introduced himself to certain writers in the North Beach area of San Francisco in the early 1970s.[9] He befriended and traveled with Beat poets Allen Ginsberg and Lawrence Ferlinghetti. Stephen Schwartz, also an acquaintance of Savage from this time, reported Savage possessed a photograph of himself and Ginsberg swimming naked in Hawaii and used the photograph as sort of a "calling card."[1][9] Savage maintained a correspondence with Ginsberg consisting of ten letters and a trio of postcards across four years, which is maintained with Ginsberg's papers at Stanford University.[1][10] One letter asked for Ginsberg and Ferlinghetti to come do a poetry reading, so others could "hear and see and know why I adore your public image."[6] One postcard mentions his desire to photograph Ginsberg in a provocative way, though Savage states that this correspondence is actually a forgery created by gay detractors.

fag

dps

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on May 07, 2009, 10:08:16 AM
Needless to say illegal alien contract killers are not a big proportion of the US federal prison population.   I don't have the exact numbers on this, but the total number ofillegal aliens incarcerated in federal prisons on ALL homicide charges was 13 (c end of 2003).

Generally speaking, homocide isn't a federal offense, so I would expect relatively few people to be serving time in a federal prison for homocide, so that stat doesn't really mean anything.  Doesn't change the fact that Savage is an ass, but the fact that few illegal aliens are in the federal pen on homicide charges isn't the way to prove him wrong.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: dps on May 08, 2009, 10:06:05 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on May 07, 2009, 10:08:16 AM
Needless to say illegal alien contract killers are not a big proportion of the US federal prison population.   I don't have the exact numbers on this, but the total number ofillegal aliens incarcerated in federal prisons on ALL homicide charges was 13 (c end of 2003).
Generally speaking, homocide isn't a federal offense, so I would expect relatively few people to be serving time in a federal prison for homocide, so that stat doesn't really mean anything.  Doesn't change the fact that Savage is an ass, but the fact that few illegal aliens are in the federal pen on homicide charges isn't the way to prove him wrong.

2 Points.

1) I double checked with Bureau of Justice Statistics and 13 percent was the amount of illegal immigrants in the TOTAL US population (267,000 aliens incarcerated per 2,212,000 persons incarcerated).[1][2]

2) Homicide is under dual sovereignty. Since it becomes federal jurisdiction when it involves crossing state borders, I would think murder linked to illegal immigration would immediately become a federal issue. [3]

EDIT: Thought I would include this as food for thought. In 2005, the GAO surveyed a group of approximately 55,000 incarcerated illegal aliens and found that homicide accounted for less than one percent of offenses for federal incarcerations, and approximately one percent of offenses for state and local incarcerations. [GAO-05-646R]
Experience bij!

ulmont

Quote from: DontSayBanana on May 09, 2009, 10:21:55 AM
2) Homicide is under dual sovereignty. Since it becomes federal jurisdiction when it involves crossing state borders, I would think murder linked to illegal immigration would immediately become a federal issue. [3]

Not really, that would be like shooting someone across a state line or kidnapping then murdering, that sort of thing.  Not a garden variety "guy in CA kills guy in CA" murder.