News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Journey into the Daily Mail

Started by Sheilbh, March 27, 2012, 12:49:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: DontSayBanana on March 27, 2012, 11:25:23 AM
and never realize that the ride was scheduled hours in advance to simulate waiting in the line.

Of course they wouldn't, because that's silly.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 27, 2012, 12:24:22 PM

And yet, that's what they do.  Enough people complained about the handicapped getting preferential treatment that now, you get given a pamphlet with a ride checklist, go to the ride and get the attendant to give you a time to come back, and cool your heels because you can't do much of anything else until you get the one you're scheduled for stamped.

It's not "staring at the back of each others'" heads, but it's not really all that preferential, either.  Never mind that people who can walk all day don't understand that you either have to bring your own scooter or rent one from the park, so a lot of handicapped people have to spend money that non-handicapped don't.
Experience bij!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: DontSayBanana on March 27, 2012, 12:43:48 PM
It's not "staring at the back of each others'" heads, but it's not really all that preferential, either.

It is if you're an agoraphobe. Course we tend to avoid amusement parks.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Jacob on March 27, 2012, 12:19:28 PM
It's an Oscar Wilde quote: "Work is the curse of the drinking classes."

I know I was applauding the reference.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

alfred russel

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 27, 2012, 12:24:22 PM

And yet, that's what they do.  Enough people complained about the handicapped getting preferential treatment that now, you get given a pamphlet with a ride checklist, go to the ride and get the attendant to give you a time to come back, and cool your heels because you can't do much of anything else until you get the one you're scheduled for stamped.

It's not "staring at the back of each others'" heads, but it's not really all that preferential, either.  Never mind that people who can walk all day don't understand that you either have to bring your own scooter or rent one from the park, so a lot of handicapped people have to spend money that non-handicapped don't.

Whatever.

"I am a very lucky guy." Christopher Reeve
"I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the earth." Lou Gerhig

They realized their days of waiting in line at Six Flags were over.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

PDH

Never mind that people who can walk all day don't understand that you either have to bring your own scooter or rent one from the park, so a lot of handicapped people have to spend money that non-handicapped don't.

I call bullshit.  The Hoveround commercials say I can get it free.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM