Tamas, I have found you a way out of Hungary!

Started by Fireblade, May 04, 2009, 10:03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Zanza

If Mono is "General Disciplined Services (Rank and File)" he earns between US-$1680 and $3764 per month. If he is "General Disciplined Services (Officer)" he earns between $2115 and $12505 per month. Even when you consider Hong Kong's very low taxes, I am sure you can earn similar amounts in Canada.

http://www.csb.gov.hk/english/admin/pay/952.html

PDH

So you say, I am on to you - BAs in Anthropology only are allowed to work at Starbucks...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Malthus

Quote from: PDH on May 05, 2009, 09:49:00 AM
So you say, I am on to you - BAs in Anthropology only are allowed to work at Starbucks...

Naw, the Philosophy majors cut them out of that market. In Canada, they must work at Tim Horton's.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Monoriu on May 05, 2009, 04:50:02 AM
My sense is that the wage structure in Hong Kong is very different from the one in the UK or Canada.  In Hong Kong, 50-60% of the working population make absolutely crap wages.  A full time janitor who works his ass off can make as little as US$6k per year.  A construction worker will be lucky to double that. 

But the rest can make huge sums by western standards.  The average wage figure distorts the real picture. 
Employers abusing that kind of pay is exactly why we have a minimum wage here in the US, Mono. And I'm sorry, but a 50-50 chance of earning so little pay as to be abusive by the employer just doesn't sound like that safe a bet.
Experience bij!