News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Black poplin or linen suits?

Started by ulmont, May 04, 2009, 08:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulmont

So, any of you guys know where one could find a black poplin or linen suit?  I really hate wool, but I love black...

...preferably a physical store sort of thing in the US, rather than dodgy self-measuring online bits.

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Warspite

Linen and poplin will crease terribly. What's wrong with worsted wool?
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Caliga

Linen. :wub:

I made my reenactor clothing from 100% linen, but yeah, it wrinkles severely.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

ulmont

ulmont

Quote from: Warspite on May 05, 2009, 05:00:15 AM

I'm just not a fan; I don't like the feel of it, and I find that the pants seem very thin in general (don't like the lined versions either, before you ask).

MadBurgerMaker

Have you tried Brooks Brothers?

ulmont

Warspite

Quote from: ulmont on May 05, 2009, 08:37:15 AM
Quote from: Warspite on May 05, 2009, 05:00:15 AM

I'm just not a fan; I don't like the feel of it, and I find that the pants seem very thin in general (don't like the lined versions either, before you ask).

Wool can vary in quality tremendously. Are you having a suit tailored?
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

ulmont

Quote from: Warspite on May 05, 2009, 08:56:47 AM
Wool can vary in quality tremendously. Are you having a suit tailored?

No (else I could go to the tailor and ask about poplin / linen options).

I have a navy poplin suit that I like a lot, but I also have shirts that do not go well with navy.  Black poplin looks like the answer.

saskganesh

I find linen very comfortable and prefer to wool; the trick is to buy dark colours so that the wrinkles are not noticeable, or to wear those clothes in settings where it's no big deal.
humans were created in their own image

PDH

Quote from: saskganesh on May 05, 2009, 11:40:35 AM
I find linen very comfortable and prefer to wool; the trick is to buy dark colours so that the wrinkles are not noticeable, or to wear those clothes in settings where it's no big deal.
Mosh pits, while doing construction, swimming...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM