Started by jimmy olsen, March 23, 2012, 02:54:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Ghost in the Shell, here we come!  :cool:

http://www.thestreet.com/blog/nokia-tattoo-will-alert-you-incoming-call-message
QuoteNokia Tattoo Will Alert You To An Incoming Call, Message
Patent Application Filed For Vibrating Notification Device
By Gary Krakow

Nokia has applied for a U.S. patent for a skin notification system that you have an incoming cellular phone call or message waiting.

In principle, the vibrating device will be designed with a special ink which is embedded with metallic particles. Once applied, the ink will be magnetized. When paired to your smartphone/tablet/etc. device (possibly via a super-miniature Bluetooth microchip) you will be alerted to the incoming message.

Not a great deal of detail is revealed in the patent application. But we're guessing that the tattoo would be able to vibrate/signal you, in different ways, for a voice call versus an instant message or email.

There is also not much discussion on how the special would be applied – whether something like a membrane on top of - or, maybe via a real tattoo placed into your skin.

Nokia has also applied for a second type of vibrating tattoo – but this one is only an on-skin patch – which could be easily removed whenever you wish.

The possibilities are mind numbing.

Who knows? The next step could be an implant to eliminate your smartphone hardware all together.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Zanza

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 23, 2012, 02:54:00 AMWho knows? The next step could be an implant to eliminate your smartphone hardware all together.
Somehow implanting technology that is outdated after two years and that I don't need to live like a cardiac pacemaker doesn't strike me as a particularly sensible idea.

Syt

Not to mention that moving from tingling/vibrating skin applications to iPhones that live inside you is hardly "the next step".
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Martinus

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Crazy_Ivan80

lol, Hamilton will be pleased.
OCtattoos here we come.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Neil

Hopefully they can be used as bank cards, and then the Christian lunatics will start screaming about the anti-Christ and hopefully kill themselves.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!