I'm a DC Fan
2 (7.7%)
I only read manga
3 (11.5%)
Comics?
4 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Ideologue on March 22, 2012, 09:27:01 PM
Quote from: Neil on March 22, 2012, 09:20:44 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on March 22, 2012, 09:04:29 PM
Voted "DC Fan" because Marvel, other than Waid's Daredevil*, sucks these days, and basically has since, arguably, Civil War, and definitely since One More Day.

*I assume.  It's not sold digitally, so I'm waiting for the trade.  Mark Waid does little wrong, though, and the art by those Hispanic fellows is beautiful.
The New 52 can suck my ass.  Except for maybe Green Lantern.
Batwoman, Animal Man, and Flash.  Legion Lost is OK (Legion proper sucks).

You ain't wrong about the New 52 in aggregate though.  A real fucking waste.
Power Girl was better than any of them.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ideologue

So was Secret Six.

Although maybe not better than Batwoman, so long as it's the JH Williams III-drawn issues.  I mean holy shit, that guy is amazing.  Maybe you're not an art guy.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Neil

I dunno.  I'm not a huge art guy, but I definitely have standards.

Ideologue

Sure.  But Batwoman could be unlettered and I'd probably still buy it.  You know JH Williams, right?  Alan Moore's Promethea was his biggest deal, but he also did some other stuff (Ellis' Desolation Jones, for example).

Lots of double-page layouts which remind me of Byrne in the 80s, very ornate panel design that reminds me of no one, and a mastery of many art styles (I've seen him ape Year One/Born Again-era Mazzuchelli, for example, as well as paint), and a default style that reminds me of Jae Lee, except with backgrounds, which I really appreciate as Jae Lee is great (except for the backgrounds).
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Siege

I got no dog in this fright.
They all sucj.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Siege on March 23, 2012, 01:02:18 AM
I got no dog in this fright.
They all sucj.
Not a fan of Captain America?

What about the genocidal Jew Magneto?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Hansmeister

The X-Men have sucked since after the Gold Team/Blue Team days of the early '90s.  And I hate their whiney ass "help me, I'm being opressed" shtick.

Voted Avengers.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Hansmeister on March 23, 2012, 02:17:15 AM
The X-Men have sucked since after the Gold Team/Blue Team days of the early '90s.  And I hate their whiney ass "help me, I'm being opressed" shtick.

Voted Avengers.

Fuckin A yo.
PDH!

The Larch

Quote from: Ideologue on March 22, 2012, 09:04:29 PM
Voted "DC Fan" because Marvel, other than Waid's Daredevil*, sucks these days, and basically has since, arguably, Civil War, and definitely since One More Day.

*I assume.  It's not sold digitally, so I'm waiting for the trade.  Mark Waid does little wrong, though, and the art by those Hispanic fellows is beautiful.

Hispanic fellows?

Ideologue

Marcos Martin and Paolo Rivera.

Oh, shit, the first collection is already out.

P.S. I also forgot about Uncanny X-Force, which is said to be good (at least, good by turns).
Kinemalogue

The Larch

Ideologue

I rather suspect they are.
Kinemalogue

The Larch

Quote from: Ideologue on March 23, 2012, 08:40:20 PM
I rather suspect they are.

Rivera is Italian-American, and Martín is Spanish.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017