News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Baldur's Gate enhanced edition

Started by viper37, March 19, 2012, 02:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 being remade.
http://www.baldursgate.com/news/2012/03/15/announcing-baldurs-gate-enhanced-edition/

Not much details for now.
Apparently, the will update the engine, make new graphics, new sound effects and create new content.

The question is, how will it fare compared to modern RPGs like Dragon Age or Skyrim?  Will fans agree to pay 50$ for an old game, albeit with newer graphics?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

PRC

I might pay $50 if it included Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 and Icewind Dale 1 & 2.  Doubt I would pay $50 for just an updated version of any one of them.  Great games though.

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Never did finish BG2. Just so big, kept getting sidetracked
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Baldur's Gate was on my games to get list for GOG.com  I hadn't gotten around to it though.  Really one of the best CPRG games ever made.  Along with Black Isle studios, Bioware did some of the best CRPG games ever made.  I may get Torment first as it's probably the best CRPG of the 1990's.  Wonderfully bizarre.  Made good use of the Planescape pen and Paper RPG without slaving itself to much to the AD&D rule set.  One of the few times in a PC game the old Amnesia gimmick is justified.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

There was one annoying thing about Baldur's Gate though.  I figured out the whole plot just by watching the opening cinematic. <_<  Never did finish Baldur's Gate 2.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

11B4V

Quote from: PRC on March 19, 2012, 03:04:16 PM
I might pay $50 if it included Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 and Icewind Dale 1 & 2.  Doubt I would pay $50 for just an updated version of any one of them.  Great games though.

What he said.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on March 20, 2012, 12:41:46 AM
There was one annoying thing about Baldur's Gate though.  I figured out the whole plot just by watching the opening cinematic. <_<  Never did finish Baldur's Gate 2.

Wow that's nuts it took me awhile to figure out what was going on.  But then I played the game before I watched 'The HIghlander'.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on March 20, 2012, 11:08:16 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 20, 2012, 12:41:46 AM

Wow that's nuts it took me awhile to figure out what was going on.  But then I played the game before I watched 'The HIghlander'.

It might be because I knew about Forgotten Realms. Torment, I hadn't a clue.  And I knew a bit about Planescape.  It was a fairly unique story.