Main Menu

The Pope Dies.

Started by mongers, March 17, 2012, 05:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Comes at a difficult time for the Coptic Community.  :(

QuoteEgypt's Coptic Christian Pope Shenouda III dies
17 March 12 18:04

Egypt's Coptic Christian Pope Shenouda III has died at the age of 88, state television has announced.

The leader of the Middle East's largest Christian minority was reported to suffer from cancer that had spread to several organs.

Coptic Christians make up 10% of Egypt's population of 80 million.

After attacks on Coptic Christians in recent years, Pope Shenouda urged officials to do more to address the community's concerns.

Pope Shenouda led the church, one of the oldest Christian communities in the world, for four decades.

His political adviser Hany Aziz told Reuters news agency that Shenouda "died from complications in health and from old age".

He had returned recently to Egypt after seeking treatment abroad.

Rest of news article here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/mobile/world-middle-east-17416429
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

fhdz

REQUIEM AETERNAM DONA EI -- oh, wrong language. Sorry.
and the horse you rode in on

Ideologue

The death of schismatics, like the life of schismatics, is meaningless.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

citizen k

Quote from: Ideologue on March 17, 2012, 11:36:57 PM
The death of schismatics, like the life of schismatics, is meaningless.

They make inhalers for that.

Scipio

He was one grossly fat dude.  I met one of his American bishops in the Memphis airport, once.  Bishop dude was tiny.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Martinus

Great, got my hopes high, you asshole.  :rolleyes:

HisMajestyBOB

The leader of the Middle East's largest Christian minority was reported to suffer from cancer that had spread to several organs.

That's why many churches now use electronic sound systems.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

grumbler

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on March 18, 2012, 09:14:05 AM

That's why many churches now use electronic sound systems.
:pinch:

:lol:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on March 18, 2012, 08:53:11 AM
Great, got my hopes high, you asshole.  :rolleyes:

You should be pleased as Punch with the new Pope.  After all, he lacks the charisma as previous one.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017