And we're back!

Main Menu

The US War on Women Continues

Started by Jacob, March 16, 2012, 07:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on March 17, 2012, 11:08:38 AM
I am ashamed that Hansmeister was born in Germany. :(

Every time the Germans win in Company of Heroes I think of Hans.  They use his Avatar for the victory scene.  So essentially when ever the Nazis win I think of Hans.  That was probably not his intention with the Avatar.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Why would the Germans be using a donkey with red, white and blue colors?  :huh:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 17, 2012, 01:46:33 PM

I didn't make the game.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

I think that is supposed to be an elephant (Hans is using the banner and slogan the Bush White House adopted when they announced that the Fuhr - er, president had whatever powers he decided he had).  It is a bad drawing (especially the ears and trunk) but maybe the angle of the flag affects that as well.

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

sbr

Quote from: grumbler on March 17, 2012, 02:11:12 PM

I think that is supposed to be an elephant (Hans is using the banner and slogan the Bush White House adopted when they announced that the Fuhr - er, president had whatever powers he decided he had).  It is a bad drawing (especially the ears and trunk) but maybe the angle of the flag affects that as well.

It looks nothing at all like an elephant and almost exactly like a donkey. 

I assumed the avatar is mocking those who were irrate at things the Bush admininstation did, but accept them now that the Dems are in power. 

Syt

Quote from: sbr on March 17, 2012, 02:33:09 PM

I assumed the avatar is mocking those who were irrate at things the Bush admininstation did, but accept them now that the Dems are in power.

I hear a bit of a *woosh*. Might be something going over your head.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: DontSayBanana on March 17, 2012, 10:56:39 AM
FACT: How the fuck do you call it "subsidization" when the catholic church is tax-exempt?  Or are you talking about the fact that they want to be special snowflakes and exempt from employment law?  Don't conflate shit, man.

Employees of tax exempt organizations pay income tax.  The employee is the one consuming the product and the one receiving the subsidy.

sbr

Quote from: Syt on March 17, 2012, 02:34:10 PM
Quote from: sbr on March 17, 2012, 02:33:09 PM

I hear a bit of a *woosh*. Might be something going over your head.

Yeah I started to think that just as I was hitting the post button but grumbler id awfully tough to read sometimes.