How Not to Attract Tourists

Started by Baron von Schtinkenbutt, March 16, 2012, 07:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 16, 2012, 09:10:47 AM
Quote from: Valmy on March 16, 2012, 09:00:31 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 16, 2012, 08:06:25 AM
Who gives a shit.

People who like foreigners to come here, give us their money, and leave.  Those people clearly do not work for Homeland Security.  But then they tend to do a pretty good job pissing off American tourists flying around America as well.

Problem is, they come here, and they fucking stay.  And I'm up to my balls here in Russian cyber scam artists, Jamaican grass dealers, Chinese counterfeiters, Honduran car thieves, Nigerian stolen credit card rings and Korean dry cleaners that rip you off by not using the starch they charge you for.

Like I said before, the great thing about being an American is you don't have to see the world;  the world comes here and starts crime syndicates. 

Fuck them all.  I hope TSA puts their filthy 3rd world asses through the fucking gauntlet.

I imagine that this is what the natives said about the colonists...

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Valmy on March 16, 2012, 10:36:31 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on March 16, 2012, 10:32:12 AM
And it is.  The warmth of our weather is matched only by the warmth of our welcome :)

England is the Hawai'i of Europe.
be glad he didn't mention the warmth of the beer  <_<

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 16, 2012, 10:46:59 AM
Quote from: garbon on March 16, 2012, 10:43:35 AM
The UK is lovely, MB.

Yeah, I've seen Hugh Grant movies.  I know.
More importantly, Braveheart and The Patriot. 
PDH!

Razgovory

Actually watching British TV from the 1970's and 1980's gave me the impression that it's cold, wet, grey, and has a very poor special effects.  Not a place I'd want to visit.

I wonder if anyone says to themselves:  "You know, I'd go to America but they charge 15 bucks to get in.  Fuck that".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Malthus

One thing I noticed from visiting southern England is how damn green and fourishing all the vegitation is. Pretty well everyone seems to have magnificent guardens, and even the fields by the sides of the roads were covered with verdant greenery and flowers.

A "green and pleasant land" indeed.

Also, every bit of it looks like someone has cultivated it obsessively for centuries, which is probably true.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Jacob

Quote from: Razgovory on March 16, 2012, 03:43:24 PM
Actually watching British TV from the 1970's and 1980's gave me the impression that it's cold, wet, grey, and has a very poor special effects.  Not a place I'd want to visit.

Have you ever visited somewhere outside of the US?

QuoteI wonder if anyone says to themselves:  "You know, I'd go to America but they charge 15 bucks to get in.  Fuck that".

I haven't done that, but I've definitely done the "that connection takes me through the US. Fuck that" thing.

Razgovory

Quote from: Jacob on March 16, 2012, 04:26:39 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 16, 2012, 03:43:24 PM

Have you ever visited somewhere outside of the US?

QuoteI wonder if anyone says to themselves:  "You know, I'd go to America but they charge 15 bucks to get in.  Fuck that".

I haven't done that, but I've definitely done the "that connection takes me through the US. Fuck that" thing.

Yes.  I have seen Europe close up and personal.  Not the UK though.  I was in Italy mostly.  Which was nice and warm, and kind of dirty but friendly.  I really enjoyed it.  The Southern part could use some work.  Florence was the most beautiful place I've ever seen.  Naples, not so much.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Jacob

Quote from: Razgovory on March 16, 2012, 04:30:15 PMYes.  I have seen Europe close up and personal.  Not the UK though.  I was in Italy mostly.  Which was nice and warm, and kind of dirty but friendly.  I really enjoyed it.  The Southern part could use some work.  Florence was the most beautiful place I've ever seen.  Naples, not so much.

Yeah, Florence is gorgeous. It would've been an awesome place to go for an exchange year or three in university.

Ed Anger

Ed's Foreigners checklist:

UK: London is a grubby city.
France: Has the Ed Anger seal of approval
Denmark: Why Bother?
Italy: Milan was nice. Got lectured on how to vote.

Germans: Lectured by peon about stupid Americans. He was wanting to work in the US.  Surprisingly left behind. Let the German office know how much of an idiot he was.

Edit: Why did I say Koln? My brain is numb.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

KRonn

You mean, that even more people don't like Americans!? Oh man, our long national nightmare just never ends!  ;)

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

mongers

Quote from: Malthus on March 16, 2012, 04:01:32 PM
One thing I noticed from visiting southern England is how damn green and fourishing all the vegitation is. Pretty well everyone seems to have magnificent guardens, and even the fields by the sides of the roads were covered with verdant greenery and flowers.

A "green and pleasant land" indeed.

Also, every bit of it looks like someone has cultivated it obsessively for centuries, which is probably true.

Well, we've had an extraordinary dry 18 months, so things aren't quite so green as normal, the river outside is looking decidedly 'ill'. 

Yeah I doubt there's a single square mile within 150 miles of here that's 'natural'. Hell, even the wastelands like the heathland or uplands like Dartmoor are ancient areas of failed of cultivation, that are largely managed to stay the way they now are. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"