News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Reason #5,110 to hate lottery winners

Started by CountDeMoney, March 16, 2012, 05:07:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Habbaku on March 28, 2012, 08:15:08 PM
If I had $27 million after taxes, you can guarantee that I'd waste at least $1.1 mil of it on something as dumb as this.  As would just about everyone else here, I imagine.

No, I would not invest in a video game. Orgy theme park, maybe.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 28, 2012, 08:17:05 PM
If I had $27 million after taxes, you can guarantee that I'd waste at least $1.1 mil of it on something as dumb as this.  As would just about everyone else here, I imagine.

No, I would not invest in a video game. Orgy theme park, maybe.

Agreed.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on March 28, 2012, 07:59:12 PM
The lotto is for poor people. :)

Except after they win, I guess. :hmm:

Until they become poor again.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

I hear ancedotes about how that usually happens, but I wonder if anyone's ever compiled stats about it.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ideologue

$1 million: computer game--WitP level of detail, plus diplomatic and grand strategic options, full war.

$2 million: Sexbot trust fund.

$500,000: Thai vacation.

$1 million: sports car.

$500,000: condo in Seattle.

$1 million: law firm?

$2 million: condo in Burj Khalifa.

$1 million: license from Dubai government to drop pennies on migrant workers.

$1 million: donations to no kill shelters nationwide.

$1 million: outfitting Occupy protesters with gas masks.

$1 million: MST3K festival at local theatre.

$-120,000: Shit Is Fucked Up and Bullshit Foundation.  A 501(c) that I manage and which pays me a salary of $120,000 a year for ten years, clears many if not most of the purchases above as expenses, and supports whatever I'm into that day.  LOL EAT THAT TAXPAYERS.

Any more ideas?  I've got more than half of it left.  Comic book store?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

QuoteAny more ideas?  I've got $16 million left.

$5 -get Lindsay Lohan to suck a giant dildo

Admiral Yi

Put a hundred thousand into flying all Languish virgins to Holland or Brazil.  Make sure you track down that wacky but nice Finnish kid that bailed a couple years back.  Not Mouth Sugar, the other one.

Ideologue

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 28, 2012, 08:48:28 PM
QuoteAny more ideas?  I've got $16 million left.

$5 -get Lindsay Lohan to suck a giant dildo

Budgeted under Thai vacation.  I'm working on the spreadsheet presently.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 28, 2012, 08:50:56 PM
Put a hundred thousand into flying all Languish virgins to Holland or Brazil.  Make sure you track down that wacky but nice Finnish kid that bailed a couple years back.  Not Mouth Sugar, the other one.

OK, $1 million for trip to Thailand.
Kinemalogue

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on March 28, 2012, 08:46:36 PM

$1 million: computer game--WitP level of detail, plus diplomatic and grand strategic options, full war.

$-120,000: Shit Is Fucked Up and Bullshit Foundation.  A 501(c) that I manage and which pays me a salary of $120,000 a year for ten years, clears many if not most of the purchases above as expenses, and supports whatever I'm into that day.  LOL EAT THAT TAXPAYERS.

This is what I'm talking about Cal.

Monoriu

A lavish trip to Thailand costs several thousand US$ at most. 

Ed Anger

$ 10- Purchase the Kardashian's dignity.

12 cold steel swords @~600 ea.- Have a Anime fan gladiator fight. 12 nerds enter, none leave.

Caliga

Quote from: Monoriu on March 28, 2012, 08:55:10 PM
A lavish trip to Thailand costs several thousand US$ at most.
I was about to point that out, too.  I wonder if Ide has maybe never gone on a real vacation before. :hmm:

Caliga

btw Ide my boss was in Columbia on business today and yesterday.  I told him to grab lunch at Maurice's Racist Barbecue but he: had other plans. :mad:

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on March 28, 2012, 08:53:41 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on March 28, 2012, 08:46:36 PM

This is what I'm talking about Cal.

I think you missed the part where most of my purchases are appreciating investments or take advantage of programs to actually put me ahead. :P

Either that or you hate animals. :(

Quote from: CalI was about to point that out, too.  I wonder if Ide has maybe never gone on a real vacation before. :hmm:

:(

I went to Mardi Gras.  That cost like $2000.

Anyway, I'm budgeting bribe money to get me out of Thai prison.
Kinemalogue