News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Now THIS is how you treat emos

Started by CountDeMoney, March 10, 2012, 08:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

I just don't like their haircuts.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Quote from: Zanza on March 11, 2012, 04:04:15 AM
I don't get why people dislike Emos so much. They seem to be a rather unoffensive group of weirdos to me.

Yeah, I don't mind them.
I guess I look at them and there's a bit of "So near yet so far you tasteless prat"- they crossed the breach from normalicy into being alternative but....did it wrong. But I'd still rather have to deal with emo kids than regular modern kids with all their house music and skin heads and....ugh.
██████
██████
██████

Monoriu

Prior to seeing this thread, I'm not aware that there is such a thing as "emo clothes". 

mongers

Quote from: Monoriu on March 11, 2012, 08:16:42 AM
Prior to seeing this thread, I'm not aware that there is such a thing as "emo clothes".

In some Western countries, round pegs aren't hammered into square holes.  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

I don't get why people dislike Emos so much. They seem to be a rather unoffensive group of weirdos to me.

I don't really dislike emos that much, but by the same token there's not that much attractive about a group who's organizing principle is whininess.

Phillip V

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 11, 2012, 01:00:45 PM

I don't really dislike emos that much, but by the same token there's not that much attractive about a group who's organizing principle is whininess.

I've never actually met one.  I don't get out a lot.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

PDH

I don't hate emos more than I hate any other kids.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Razgovory

Quote from: PDH on March 13, 2012, 08:57:58 AM

Aren't you a teacher?  Doesn't that mean you hate all kids as much as humanly possible?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

PDH

Quote from: Razgovory on March 13, 2012, 10:58:10 AM
Quote from: PDH on March 13, 2012, 08:57:58 AM

Aren't you a teacher?  Doesn't that mean you hate all kids as much as humanly possible?

Well, yeah.  But freshmen deserve it.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

BuddhaRhubarb

I guess they've already killed all the gays and women? sheesh. Aren't there slightly more pressing issues in Iraq than idiot teenagers? The world is a stupid stupid place.
:p

Eddie Teach

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on March 13, 2012, 12:20:37 PM
I guess they've already killed all the gays and women?

The Mid-east will be much improved in 50 years time.  :P

Admiral Yi

Eddie Teach

Not a great caption for this one either, sorry Yi.