News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Aussie Floods Create Spider Apocalypse

Started by Malthus, March 09, 2012, 05:02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

This one's for all you spider-phobic people out there ...

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/03/08/spiders-conquer-australias-flooded-lands/

... click the link. Go on, click it.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

I saw this...on twitter. :blush:

Anyway, wasn't as bad as I would have thought given that most of the photos weren't close ups.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Though I think I preferred the Pakistan one's.

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Heh, that pic has an eerie beauty, doesn't it.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Viking

I'd prefer the spider apocalypse to the fly apocalypse that happened one week after the rains and the beetle apocalypse that happened two weeks after the rains and the mouse apocalypse three weeks after the rains and the rat apocalypse four weeks after the rains.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Malthus

Quote from: Viking on March 09, 2012, 05:10:25 PM
I'd prefer the spider apocalypse to the fly apocalypse that happened one week after the rains and the beetle apocalypse that happened two weeks after the rains and the mouse apocalypse three weeks after the rains and the rat apocalypse four weeks after the rains.

If the spider apocalypse wasd made up of spiders that were actually capable of controlling the rat apocalypse, you probably wouldn't.  :lol:

The Larch

I know people who would have a heart attack just by looking at the pictures.  :lol:

Warspite

" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Malthus on March 09, 2012, 05:02:12 PM

You go fuck yourself, pal.  I ain't clicking shit.

Malthus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 09, 2012, 06:06:34 PM

Well, it's better than that pic of an Aussie spider catching a bird.  ;)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Malthus on March 09, 2012, 06:19:35 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 09, 2012, 06:06:34 PM

Well, it's better than that pic of an Aussie spider catching a bird.  ;)

Meh, spiders gotta eat.

HVC

i like the pic where it looks like they caught a dog :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Quote from: The Larch on March 09, 2012, 05:43:29 PM
I know people who would have a heart attack just by looking at the pictures.  :lol:

I'm glad to report I've gotten better with age. I really don't like spiders but the photos herein didn't even make my skin crawl.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Cecil

Quote from: Malthus on March 09, 2012, 05:10:11 PM
Heh, that pic has an eerie beauty, doesn't it.

Had an interesting sideeffect too. Diseases usually carried by flies such as malaria dropped by a good bit afterwards since most of the flies got eaten by spiders. Those trees turned out to be really good traps.