Negro President causes increased number of Good ol' boys, Caligas

Started by CountDeMoney, March 08, 2012, 03:38:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Jacob on March 09, 2012, 06:39:44 PM
Quote from: Hansmeister on March 09, 2012, 02:41:05 AM
The Southern Poverty Law Center isn't exactly a credible organization, famous for creating bogus reports in order to stimulate donations.

It's more credible than you, Hansie.

Eh, no.  Not these days.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on March 09, 2012, 07:00:07 PM
The Southern Poverty Law Center isn't exactly a credible organization, famous for creating bogus reports in order to stimulate donations.

Eh, no.  Not these days.

Yeah, it is, derfuhrer.

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on March 09, 2012, 07:00:07 PM

Eh, no.  Not these days.

Nothing destroys credibility in the eyes of GOPtard more then fighting racists.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on March 09, 2012, 07:00:07 PMEh, no.  Not these days.

What is your number one example that shows how little credibility the SLPC has?

DGuller

To be fair, these days Baghdad Bob has more credibility than Hansie.

Eddie Teach

Nah, Hans is:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 09, 2012, 12:26:14 PM
Quote from: Valmy on March 08, 2012, 11:58:41 AM
I am intrigued that after a President wins a second term his party no longer has to worry about elections ever again and has dictatorial powers.
It's such nonsense.  I saw a line by some historian that was interesting that all great Presidents win a second term, yet no President's second term goes well.
What went wrong in Eisenhower's second term?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DGuller

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 10, 2012, 01:38:19 AM
I am intrigued that after a President wins a second term his party no longer has to worry about elections ever again and has dictatorial powers.
It's such nonsense.  I saw a line by some historian that was interesting that all great Presidents win a second term, yet no President's second term goes well.
His heart muscle, for one.

Sheilbh

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 10, 2012, 01:38:19 AMWhat went wrong in Eisenhower's second term?
I'm not sure.  It was just a line I read.  I think the point is that most Presidents achieve most of their legacy in the first term, the second term is just a way of confirming it and setting their version of history in place.

But, off the top of my head, isn't that when Khruschev makes arms deals with Nasser and containment in the Middle East is broken, lost Cuba and weren't the late 50s really bad in terms of civil rights beginning to ratchet up?  Also what did he achieve in his second term?

The interesting counter-example in my view is W.
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 10, 2012, 01:38:19 AM

That U2 thing didn't go so well.  I think Ike really wanted to diffuse the cold war.  The U2 thing hurt that, though it may have been impossible.  Soviet leadership made it very difficult.  I think Khrushchev actually would have liked to diffuse the cold war as well, but he was a bumbler, and didn't think ahead.  His first instinct was to score points and make short term gains even if it meant compromising long term strategies.  Khrushchev might have returned Gary Powers without embarrassing the US for some kind of deal.  Hell, he could have let him go as a sign of good faith.  Such a gesture might have impressed the Americans, and opened the door to better relations.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Neil

Well, it's not exactly cut and dried.  They do good work representing folks in court, but it's not like they're uniquely equipped to do so.  That said, I feel that some of their rhetoric is a bit overblown, and they're definitely something of a fundraising machine these days.  Still, at least they're of some actual benefit, rather than a shakedown machine like Sharpton and Jackson.  Still, it must be hard for them to know that their best days are behind them.  Where they once were slaying the Klan, now they're just whacking methheads.

Besides, you know how I feel about activists.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

I think whacking methheads is a very noble pursuit.  Anyway, some needs to keep an eye on the Militias and tax protesters.   They're dangerous.

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on March 10, 2012, 10:34:09 AM
I think whacking methheads is a very noble pursuit.  Anyway, some needs to keep an eye on the Militias and tax protesters.   They're dangerous.

I'll whack 'em off.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Siege

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 08, 2012, 10:03:25 AM
It's only because he's black.  Everybody knows it, but nobody wants to admit it.

ZOMG IT WULD BE TEH SAME WITH A WHITE DUDE

No, no it wouldn't.  And you all know it.

I think is the opposite. All Obama have going for him is that he is black.
If he had been white he wouldn't be sitting on the White House.
We would have another Clinton, since we all know McCain can't win presidential elections.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Razgovory

Quote from: Siege on March 11, 2012, 12:11:05 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 08, 2012, 10:03:25 AM
It's only because he's black.  Everybody knows it, but nobody wants to admit it.

ZOMG IT WULD BE TEH SAME WITH A WHITE DUDE

No, no it wouldn't.  And you all know it.

I think is the opposite. All Obama have going for him is that he is black.
If he had been white he wouldn't be sitting on the White House.
We would have another Clinton, since we all know McCain can't win presidential elections.

You really don't pay attention, do you?