Negro President causes increased number of Good ol' boys, Caligas

Started by CountDeMoney, March 08, 2012, 03:38:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 08, 2012, 12:02:33 PM
Don't blame Obama for the rising ammo prices, it's not like he's the guy in the lab developing the zombie virus...

Don't get me started.  With all the research I've been doing for my AR15 build, I swear I've run into people who take the zombie thing seriously.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

sbr

Quote from: derspiess on March 08, 2012, 11:59:19 AM
Quote from: sbr on March 08, 2012, 11:51:44 AM
What has Obama done to get any reaction as an anti-gun president?

His "bitter clingers" comment got everything stirred up prior to him taking office.  A lot of people are still bracing for "what is to come" which has driven up ammo prices something fierce  <_< .  But since he chose to expend his political capital on Obamacare and some other legislation, he hasn't really done a whole lot about guns.

Not a whole lot, or nothing?

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

Quote from: sbr on March 08, 2012, 12:11:08 PM

His "bitter clingers" comment got everything stirred up prior to him taking office.  A lot of people are still bracing for "what is to come" which has driven up ammo prices something fierce  <_< .  But since he chose to expend his political capital on Obamacare and some other legislation, he hasn't really done a whole lot about guns.

From what I hear, firearms & ammunition importation has been a touch more restricted since Obama took office.  So not a whole lot.

Of course there's the "Fast and Furious" fiasco, but that doesn't directly relate.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

grumbler

A lot of people are still bracing for "what is to come" which has driven up ammo prices something fierce  <_<

I must admit it that I love it when stupidity is self-punishing.  I am willing to bet the morons are still buying for stockpiling even with prices this high.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

sbr

Quote from: derspiess on March 08, 2012, 12:31:01 PM
Quote from: sbr on March 08, 2012, 12:11:08 PM

From what I hear, firearms & ammunition importation has been a touch more restricted since Obama took office.  So not a whole lot.

Of course there's the "Fast and Furious" fiasco, but that doesn't directly relate.

This is a topic I don't have much interest in so my questions are at least partly serious.

What was the "fast & furious" fiasco?

derspiess

Quote from: grumbler on March 08, 2012, 12:50:29 PM
I must admit it that I love it when stupidity is self-punishing.  I am willing to bet the morons are still buying for stockpiling even with prices this high.

Oh, it compounds itself for sure.  Plus this is an election year.  For the calibers I use, ammo is two to four times more expensive now than it was 10 years ago. 

Good time to try my hand at loading my own, methinks.

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 08, 2012, 11:10:48 AM

The agitation during the Clinton years is nothing compared to now, and you know it.

There's a big difference between being pissed off that a Democratic centrist steals a couple of your ideas versus everything from challenging the legitimacy of the President's birth, to showing up at campaign rallies with guns, to calling the President a liar during a Presidential Address to the United States Congress, to "feeling threatened" on an airport tarmac.

So don't gimme that shit.  You fucking know better.  It's different when there's a nigger involved.

Well they haven't successfully managed to launch a major terrorist attack.  At least not yet.  Though there have been some attempts.  Good paranoid quote from the NRA guy though.  They are really beyond the pale and their screwiness aren't they?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: sbr on March 08, 2012, 12:50:39 PM

This is a topic I don't have much interest in so my questions are at least partly serious.

Attempt to stop gun running to Mexico that went array.  Conservatives went apeshit at the idea that guns are smuggled from the US to Mexico and that the Feds might try to stop it.  Obviously it's part of that conspiracy that the NRA guy was talking about.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

Quote from: Razgovory on March 08, 2012, 04:29:58 PM
Quote from: sbr on March 08, 2012, 12:50:39 PM

Attempt to stop gun running to Mexico that went array.  Conservatives went apeshit at the idea that guns are smuggled from the US to Mexico and that the Feds might try to stop it.  Obviously it's part of that conspiracy that the NRA guy was talking about.

Try again.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

mongers

Quote from: derspiess on March 08, 2012, 12:07:46 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 08, 2012, 12:02:33 PM
Don't blame Obama for the rising ammo prices, it's not like he's the guy in the lab developing the zombie virus...

Don't get me started.  With all the research I've been doing for my AR15 build, I swear I've run into people who take the zombie thing seriously.

And these people are allowed to buy semi-automatic assault rifles ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"