Dragonlance-FR hybrid campaign?
Spelljammer like setting.
PDH!

Valmy

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on May 05, 2009, 03:43:11 PM

I love your old school campaign :wub:

How I miss Planescape and Ravenloft. :(
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Hansmeister

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on May 05, 2009, 03:43:11 PM
Quote from: Valmy on May 05, 2009, 03:24:43 PM
QuoteWarlord in the service of Paladine

Dragonlance-FR hybrid campaign?

I wish they would bring Spelljammer back.  Alas, this year they're bringing back Ebberon, and next year the rumor is that Dark Sun will be back.

fhdz

Quote from: Hansmeister on May 05, 2009, 04:51:08 PM
I wish they would bring Spelljammer back.  Alas, this year they're bringing back Ebberon, and next year the rumor is that Dark Sun will be back.

Dark Sun is neat.  So's Spelljammer, though.
and the horse you rode in on

vinraith

Spelljammer was my favorite setting ever, both for playing and for DMing. Just too cool IMO, space fantasy naval battles rule.

Darth Wagtaros

I wish there was a Dragonlance book out for 4th Ed.  Fuck Eberon.  Or whatever the fuck it is.  I wanna be a Knight of Takhisis, and not one of those lame ass 5th Age ones.  5th Age sucked.  Sucks more than the abomination that is 4th ed. Forgotten Realms.  Bastards.  Fuck.
PDH!

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on May 05, 2009, 08:43:19 AM
I hated multi-class characters in 3rd ed.  They did it much better in 2nd edition, which is pretty damning considering how archaic the first two editions were.
3rd edition had the advantage of being simple.  1st and 2nd edition had the advantage of scaling well.  A 10th/10th fighter/mage was roughly comparable to an 11 or 12th level character, and was balanced like that.  However, in 3rd a 10th/10th character was theoretically a 20th-level character, but was significantly less effective than a straight-up 20th level character.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Pedrito

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on May 05, 2009, 08:17:51 PM
5th Age sucked.  Sucks more than the abomination that is 4th ed. Forgotten Realms.  Bastards.  Fuck.

What did they do to fuck up the 4th ed. Realms?
Where can I find an updated compendium on the realms' history? I'm still stuck at the 2nd edition.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Pedrito on May 06, 2009, 04:17:58 AM
5th Age sucked.  Sucks more than the abomination that is 4th ed. Forgotten Realms.  Bastards.  Fuck.

Where can I find an updated compendium on the realms' history? I'm still stuck at the 2nd edition.

L.
Some book stores carry the 4th ed stuff.  COuld get it off the Interweb too.  Dedicated game stores too.  Comic book stores. 

they sucked out most of the flavor and descriptions and made it into a post-apocalyptic environment. Shar someone offed Mystra and blew up the Magical weave.  So all sorts of things are total shit now, killed off most of the pantheons, whole nations turned into undead.  Blah blah blah.
PDH!

Neil

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on May 06, 2009, 06:13:49 AM
Quote from: Pedrito on May 06, 2009, 04:17:58 AM

L.
Some book stores carry the 4th ed stuff.  COuld get it off the Interweb too.  Dedicated game stores too.  Comic book stores. 

they sucked out most of the flavor and descriptions and made it into a post-apocalyptic environment. Shar someone offed Mystra and blew up the Magical weave.  So all sorts of things are total shit now, killed off most of the pantheons, whole nations turned into undead.  Blah blah blah.
In essence, they decided that people were turned off of the Realms by how rich the setting was, and by how much backstory was availible.  Therefore, as imbeciles are wont to do, they jumped the setting forward a hundred years and blew everything and everybody up.  Virtually every NPC is either dead or retired (although I imagine that Drizzt is still around somewhere;  Emo kids love the drow), and there have been major changes.

Baldur's Gate has become gigantic and important.
Thay has become entirely undead.
Mulhorand and Unther are gone.
Chessenta has been devastated.
The Chultan peninsula has been cut off by the sea.
Lantan has been completely destroyed.
Murghom and Semphar are now ruled by dragons.
Anauroch is gone.
Netheril and Imaskar are back.
Calimshan is genie-land.
The Sea of Fallen Stars has partially drained.
Luskan and Neverwinter are ruined.
The humans of Silverymoon and Sundabar have turned on the dwarves and allied with the orcs.
Sembia is a vassal of Netheril, and has gone about invading the Dales and Myth Drannor on their behalf.
Cormyr has conquered in every direction.
Damara and Vaasa have been reset to their pre-Bloodstone status.
Impiltuir is full of demon-worshippers.
Halruua has been destroyed and turned into swampland.
The Great Rift collapsed into the Underdark.  Well, deeper into the Underdark.  It's now a bottomless pit.
Dambrath got rid of the half-drow.  Now they're werewolves instead.
Luiren and Var are both underwater.
Durpar is using magic crystal to replace limbs, like a cyborg or something.  The country is mostly ruined.
Apparently an alternate world called Abeir has overwritten some parts of the Realms.  Thus, Chondath, most of Unther and Chessenta and the entire Maztican continent are gone, replaced with totally different places.
Mystra and Azuth are dead.  The archdevil Asmodeus ate Azuth in order to become a god himself.
Other dead gods include Tyr, Helm, Talos, Lathander (although he's been replaced by an ancient god of the sun), Mask, Eldath, Deneir, the entire Mulhorandi pantheon and all the drow gods except for Lolth and Ghaundahar.  Torm and Selune have been promoted to fill the gaps caused by the deaths of Tyr and Mystra.
Cyric is in prison for the murder of Mystra.
The Zhentarim have been largely destroyed by Netheril.  Zhentil Keep is totally gone.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Sucks more than the abomination that is 4th ed. Forgotten Realms.  Bastards.  Fuck.

I know the whole spell plague thing or whatever the fuck that is sounds lamer than the Time of Troubles.

The thing that sucks about the realms is Ed Greenwood, or whoever, adds a new cataclysm every five years realm time that effectively makes all your adventuring meaningless.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Neil on May 06, 2009, 09:01:32 AM
In essence, they decided that people were turned off of the Realms by how rich the setting was, and by how much backstory was availible.  Therefore, as imbeciles are wont to do, they jumped the setting forward a hundred years and blew everything and everybody up.  Virtually every NPC is either dead or retired (although I imagine that Drizzt is still around somewhere;  Emo kids love the drow), and there have been major changes.

Anauroch is gone.
Calimshan is genie-land.
The humans of Silverymoon and Sundabar have turned on the dwarves and allied with the orcs.
Sembia is a vassal of Netheril, and has gone about invading the Dales and Myth Drannor on their behalf.
The Great Rift collapsed into the Underdark.  Well, deeper into the Underdark.  It's now a bottomless pit.
Durpar is using magic crystal to replace limbs, like a cyborg or something.  The country is mostly ruined.
Apparently an alternate world called Abeir has overwritten some parts of the Realms.  Thus, Chondath, most of Unther and Chessenta and the entire Maztican continent are gone, replaced with totally different places.
Mystra and Azuth are dead.  The archdevil Asmodeus ate Azuth in order to become a god himself.
Other dead gods include Tyr, Helm, Talos, Lathander (although he's been replaced by an ancient god of the sun), Mask, Eldath, Deneir, the entire Mulhorandi pantheon and all the drow gods except for Lolth and Ghaundahar.  Torm and Selune have been promoted to fill the gaps caused by the deaths of Tyr and Mystra.
The Zhentarim have been largely destroyed by Netheril.  Zhentil Keep is totally gone.

Oh WTF?!  If people were so turned off by the realms why is it the only survivor of the excellent 2nd edition settings?

Meh WOTC is really devoted to raping my childhood.  I hope they drop the realms and just focus on fucking up Eberron which is already lame to begin with.

Tamas

Forgotten Realms was always lame.

Give my Dark Sun back. :cry:

Valmy

Pedrito

Quote from: Neil on May 06, 2009, 09:01:32 AM

Anauroch is gone.
Calimshan is genie-land.

WTF?! It's worse than I expected...  :cry:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot: