News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Obama protest video from 1991

Started by jimmy olsen, March 07, 2012, 06:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Fireblade on March 07, 2012, 08:49:56 PM
..is the GOP really going to try to make a federal case out of this? Holy fuck, that video was boring.

Wait til you see the part where he burns the flag.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on March 07, 2012, 08:21:29 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 07, 2012, 08:16:16 PM
Ooooh, campus radical.  You can almost see his beret.

I know I wouldn't want to get cornered by him a party.  Jesus Christ, the man is dull.

Politicals generally are. Trying to have a good time and somebody wants to argue politics.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Maybe they cut out the part where Obama beheads a white guy while shouting "Allahu Akbar!" during his speech.

Fireblade

Quote from: derspiess on March 07, 2012, 08:51:47 PM
Quote from: Fireblade on March 07, 2012, 08:49:56 PM
..is the GOP really going to try to make a federal case out of this? Holy fuck, that video was boring.

Wait til you see the part where he burns the flag.

If James O'Queef works a faked flag burning in there, I will shit my pants with laughter. The juxtaposition of a bunch of boring tweed-clad professors and the Most Unbelievable Pimp in the World burning a flag would be priceless.

Sheilbh

Quote from: derspiess on March 07, 2012, 07:12:29 PMFrom a HuffPo article I red, it sounds like this is not the whole video.
Even if that's so I think it would probably have been more effective in 2008 when he was a blank slate, rather than now :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 07, 2012, 08:52:43 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 07, 2012, 08:21:29 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 07, 2012, 08:16:16 PM
Ooooh, campus radical.  You can almost see his beret.

I know I wouldn't want to get cornered by him a party.  Jesus Christ, the man is dull.

Politicals generally are. Trying to have a good time and somebody wants to argue politics.

I find Obama dull and pedantic in general.  That's fine.  I didn't vote for a pop star.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 07, 2012, 09:03:23 PM
Quote from: derspiess on March 07, 2012, 07:12:29 PMFrom a HuffPo article I red, it sounds like this is not the whole video.
Even if that's so I think it would probably have been more effective in 2008 when he was a blank slate, rather than now :mellow:

I saw the rest on Hannity-- no bombshell.  He was hugging a whitie/Jew-hating professor, that's pretty much it.  Not sure if it would have made much of a difference in '08, though oddly it was suppressed for fear of it hurting Obama.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on March 07, 2012, 10:02:38 PM
I find Obama dull and pedantic in general.  That's fine.  I didn't vote for a pop star.

I did yesterday.  Romney ROCKS :punk:

Razgovory

I imagine there were plenty of photos of John McCain with Black hating/Jew hating persons.  Like you know, Jessie Helms.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Sheilbh

Quote from: derspiess on March 07, 2012, 10:14:26 PM
I saw the rest on Hannity-- no bombshell.  He was hugging a whitie/Jew-hating professor, that's pretty much it.
I feel sorry for the Buzzfeed reporter who had been slammed for releasing an 'edited' version today if that's all the difference was.

It is pretty weak by the sounds of it.  What I meant was even if it included a cameo by Jeremiah Wright it probably wouldn't have anywhere near the effect (if any) now than in 2008.
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on March 07, 2012, 10:15:54 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 07, 2012, 10:02:38 PM

I did yesterday.  Romney ROCKS :punk:

Heh.  You probably did in 2008 when Sarah Palin was running as VP.  I remember McCain ran some adds claiming that Obama was the worlds most famous celebrity.  Who'd have thought that Sarah Palin would go on to have a reality TV show and be a the subject of a glowing propaganda film that won an academy award.  I believe the late Mr. Breitbart was involved in that.  A man I wouldn't have heard of if you hadn't linked to his site.

Capetan Mihali

Love the crowd shots.   :lol:  The more things change...
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on March 07, 2012, 10:16:15 PM
I imagine there were plenty of photos of John McCain with Black hating/Jew hating persons.  Like you know, Jessie Helms.

Did he hate blacks and Jews? All I know is he wanted homos out of the Boy Scouts and he voted against some nearly unanimous treaties.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 07, 2012, 11:53:44 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 07, 2012, 10:16:15 PM

Did he hate blacks and Jews? All I know is he wanted homos out of the Boy Scouts and he voted against some nearly unanimous treaties.

Jesse Helms?  Oh, yeah.  He was a fairly nasty piece of work.

crazy canuck

He had good oratory skills even back then.  Pretty impressive.