News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

London Olympics Rd. 2(or is it 3?)

Started by Eddie Teach, March 07, 2012, 08:59:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins the overall medal count in the 2012 Summer Olympics?

China
2 (13.3%)
The US, but China again takes the most golds
5 (33.3%)
The US wins both counts
5 (33.3%)
The Russian bear reclaims past glories
0 (0%)
The plucky home team Brits
1 (6.7%)
Other
0 (0%)
Games canceled due to war or natural disaster
0 (0%)
Games canceled due to zombiepocalypse
2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Brazen

Quote from: Valmy on March 07, 2012, 10:55:01 AM
I still remember being scouted for gymnastics when I was a real little kid, like 4 or 5.  They put me up on the rings and I just sorta hung there like 'ok you expect me to do what again?  Oh fuck that.'
I used to be quite the gymnast until I practically lost my virginity to a nasty fall on the beam  :pinch:

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Viking on March 07, 2012, 10:49:52 AM
That taunt only works if you think it is a greater achievement to have a canadian passport during the olympics than to mind the net of a team that reaches the olympic final.

It works if they get in his head. Most forms of crowds taunting players don't work on the merits of the taunt.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Viking

Quote from: Barrister on March 07, 2012, 10:55:22 AM

By that reasoning no fan can heckle even the lowest scrub player on the ice, since obviously that player has more hockey talent than any fan.

It's a reminder than in the biggest game of his life, Ryan Miller fell short.   :menace:

Unless he was a gigantic favorite for the gold then taunting him about the silver is not a taunt. Taunt him for something he failed at.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Ed Anger

I'd hate to see Canucks doing the dozens.

YOUR MOTHER IS SO FAT, SHE CAN'T FIT IN A CANADIAN TIRE STORE, EH?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: Brazen on March 07, 2012, 10:56:36 AM
I used to be quite the gymnast until I practically lost my virginity to a nasty fall on the beam  :pinch:

It is easier for little girls I think.  Boy gymnastics are all about upper body strength and pre-hormones we were all sorta lacking in that department.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Viking on March 07, 2012, 10:59:28 AM
Quote from: Barrister on March 07, 2012, 10:55:22 AM

By that reasoning no fan can heckle even the lowest scrub player on the ice, since obviously that player has more hockey talent than any fan.

It's a reminder than in the biggest game of his life, Ryan Miller fell short.   :menace:

Unless he was a gigantic favorite for the gold then taunting him about the silver is not a taunt. Taunt him for something he failed at.

He failed to win, which to go back to Valmy's point, is why silver and bronze don't really count.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on March 07, 2012, 11:05:26 AM
He failed to win, which to go back to Valmy's point, is why silver and bronze don't really count.

Yeah tell that to the 4th place guy.  Having an Olympic bronze medal is pretty badass.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Viking

The Palio is for scumbags, Film at 23.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.