News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

London Olympics Rd. 2(or is it 3?)

Started by Eddie Teach, March 07, 2012, 08:59:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins the overall medal count in the 2012 Summer Olympics?

China
2 (13.3%)
The US, but China again takes the most golds
5 (33.3%)
The US wins both counts
5 (33.3%)
The Russian bear reclaims past glories
0 (0%)
The plucky home team Brits
1 (6.7%)
Other
0 (0%)
Games canceled due to war or natural disaster
0 (0%)
Games canceled due to zombiepocalypse
2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

We will win the most medals again, though in 2008 Languish informed me only golds matter for some reason.

But I think we win that one this time as well.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Liep

Quote from: Valmy on March 07, 2012, 09:01:51 AM
Languish informed me only golds matter for some reason.
Quote from: The SimpsonsGlorious gold, so-so silver, and shameful bronze.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Gups

USA incontrevertibly this time.

No home advantage for the Chinese this time.

GB gets a creditable 3rd.

Barrister

We will win the most medals again, though in 2008 Languish informed me only golds matter for some reason.

You probably didn't watch the Winnipeg Jets - Buffalo Sabres match from Monday night.  Buffalo's goalie is Ryan Miller, who was also the goalie for Team USA at Vancouver 2010.  And, well, winnipeg fans love to taunt opposing goalies.

So how did they taunt Ryan Miller?

By constantly chanting "Sil-ver Me-dal, Sil-ver Me-dal" during the third period.   :lol:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

As far as I am concerned any medal is a victory.  :sleep:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Barrister on March 07, 2012, 10:11:08 AM

You probably didn't watch the Winnipeg Jets - Buffalo Sabres match from Monday night.  Buffalo's goalie is Ryan Miller, who was also the goalie for Team USA at Vancouver 2010.  And, well, winnipeg fans love to taunt opposing goalies.

By constantly chanting "Sil-ver Me-dal, Sil-ver Me-dal" during the third period.   :lol:

That is the best they can do? Pfft.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Gups

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 07, 2012, 10:15:05 AM
Quote from: Barrister on March 07, 2012, 10:11:08 AM

That is the best they can do? Pfft.

Yeah. Jesus Canucks are civilised. You'd have a heart attack if you watched a game of footie over here, where a talent for goalkeeping is apprently inextricably linked to a prediliction for small boys.

Barrister

Pfft.

1. This isn't one or two fans yelling something obscene - it's an entire 15,000 seat arena.

2. Anyone can taunt someone by making something up.  But taunting someone with their 'greatest' accomplishment?  Now that's funny.   :showoff:

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Viking

Quote from: Barrister on March 07, 2012, 10:46:11 AM
Pfft.

1. This isn't one or two fans yelling something obscene - it's an entire 15,000 seat arena.

2. Anyone can taunt someone by making something up.  But taunting someone with their 'greatest' accomplishment?  Now that's funny.   :showoff:

That taunt only works if you think it is a greater achievement to have a canadian passport during the olympics than to mind the net of a team that reaches the olympic final.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Brazen

I plumped for US but China wins more golds because otherwise all their families will be shot.

Any other Brits or other interested parties going to the events? I went to one of the cycling warm-up events - the velodrome is awesome - and the only main tickets I managed to get are to the gymnastics, but that's OK because they're the hottest men. Shame it's in the O2 rather than the Olympic village.

Valmy

I still remember being scouted for gymnastics when I was a real little kid, like 4 or 5.  They put me up on the rings and I just sorta hung there like 'ok you expect me to do what again?  Oh fuck that.'

Barrister

Quote from: Viking on March 07, 2012, 10:49:52 AM
Quote from: Barrister on March 07, 2012, 10:46:11 AM
Pfft.

That taunt only works if you think it is a greater achievement to have a canadian passport during the olympics than to mind the net of a team that reaches the olympic final.

By that reasoning no fan can heckle even the lowest scrub player on the ice, since obviously that player has more hockey talent than any fan.

It's a reminder than in the biggest game of his life, Ryan Miller fell short.   :menace:

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on March 07, 2012, 10:55:22 AM
By that reasoning no fan can heckle even the lowest scrub player on the ice, since obviously that player has more hockey talent than any fan.

It's a reminder than in the biggest game of his life, Ryan Miller fell short.   :menace:

Man I wish the Caps would fall short in the Stanley Cup Finals again.   They were swept but it was still awesome.

So I say to this heckling: meh.