News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

9/11 remains buried in landfill

Started by jimmy olsen, March 06, 2012, 11:32:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Absolutely sickening.  :mad:

It seems the airforce burying those soldiers I posted about earlier wasn't a one time thing.
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/06/10594825-dover-mortuary-official-military-higher-ups-to-blame-for-911-remains-at-landfill
QuoteDover mortuary official: Military higher-ups to blame for 9/11 remains at landfill
By msnbc.com staff and news services

A former Air Force mortuary official says the decision that resulted in some cremated remains from 9/11 victims being dumped in a landfill came from higher-ups in the military.

William D. Zwicharowski, a civilian who was interim director of the mortuary at Dover Air Force Base in Delaware in 2002, told The Washington Post that mortuary officials wanted to have the ashes buried at sea. But he says they were overruled.

"We fought the fight, but I had zero clout back then," Zwicharowski said. "The decision was made at a higher level. Had I had the experience I have now, 10 years later, I would have stood up and probably just not done it."
Advertise | AdChoices

Zwicharowski declined to identify the military superiors.

An Air Force spokesman declined to comment but did not dispute Zwicharowski's account, according to The Post.

A Defense Department report last week said some unidentified human remains recovered from the crash of American Airlines Flight 77 at the Pentagon on Sept. 11, 2001, were incinerated and dumped in a landfill rather than being buried at Arlington National Cemetery.

Read the full Washington Post story

Quinton Keel, one of three officials accused of mismanaging the mortuary at Dover and of retaliating against Dover whistle-blowers, has resigned.

An independent federal investigative agency, the Office of Special Counsel, said Friday that it is in touch with Air Force officials about their final decisions on disciplinary action against the two other accused officials.

In November, the Office of Special Counsel issued a report accusing Keel and two other supervisors of "gross mismanagement" at the Dover facility, where small body parts of U.S. troops killed in Afghanistan were lost on two occasions.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

I was really confused by the title.  I thought Tim was making some philosophical point about 9/11.
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 06, 2012, 11:37:33 PM
I was really confused by the title.  I thought Tim was making some philosophical point about 9/11.

Well I think they finally stopped the tacky red and white lighting for Cardinal Dolan. At least it wasn't there on my walk home tonight.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: garbon on March 06, 2012, 11:35:20 PM
Isn't this story old?

I think it's new.  Tim did one a while back about cremated body parts from GIs killed in Afghanistan and Iraq being put in land fills.

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 07, 2012, 12:27:09 AM
Isn't this story old?

I think it's new.  Tim did one a while back about cremated body parts from GIs killed in Afghanistan and Iraq being put in land fills.

Should have been clearer on what old meant. This first cropped up from what I remember at least a week ago.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/body-parts-of-911-victims-were-dumped-in-landfill-site-says-report-7462691.html

HisMajestyBOB

Should've dropped them in Afghan wells.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

jimmy olsen

Quote from: garbon on March 07, 2012, 12:34:32 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 07, 2012, 12:27:09 AM
Isn't this story old?

Should have been clearer on what old meant. This first cropped up from what I remember at least a week ago.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/body-parts-of-911-victims-were-dumped-in-landfill-site-says-report-7462691.html
I was in lock down last week. No news at all.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

fhdz

We, however, had our regularly-scheduled access to the news.
and the horse you rode in on

The Brain

No landfill at Arlington? Birds, stone.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.