Main Menu

Anonymous got fucked?

Started by Jacob, March 06, 2012, 01:42:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: fahdiz on March 08, 2012, 02:05:36 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 08, 2012, 09:42:43 AM
Hey, that was a complement!

Like "you don't sweat much for a fat guy".

Learn to make less backhanded compliments.

Half my hand is backhand!  Chances that it will be a 50% any given compliment will be backhanded.  I wonder if I can give compliments with other parts of my hand.  Like a Karate chop compliment.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

frunk

Quote from: Neil on March 08, 2012, 05:44:01 PM
Not at all.  You're buying a legal copy through the North American digital distribution network.  It's a legal transaction.  That's not hacking.  If I had to think of an analog, it would be more like smuggling the products of civilization into Soviet-dominated Europe.

Hacking isn't necessarily illegal or dishonest, and frequently it occurs in the grey areas like this.  Comparing it to smuggling only reinforces the point, it being legal in one jurisdiction but illegal in the other.

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

Neil

Quote from: frunk on March 08, 2012, 06:03:40 PM
Quote from: Neil on March 08, 2012, 05:44:01 PM
Not at all.  You're buying a legal copy through the North American digital distribution network.  It's a legal transaction.  That's not hacking.  If I had to think of an analog, it would be more like smuggling the products of civilization into Soviet-dominated Europe.
Hacking isn't necessarily illegal or dishonest, and frequently it occurs in the grey areas like this.  Comparing it to smuggling only reinforces the point, it being legal in one jurisdiction but illegal in the other.
But not really illegal, since any government that is against civilization is illegitimate, just like the pro-Soviet governments and the Soviet Union itself.

Hacking requires that a computer system be somehow compromised.  That doesn't apply in this case.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on