Ohio school district hires collection agency to go after unpaid lunch money

Started by jimmy olsen, March 08, 2012, 02:28:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Malthus on March 08, 2012, 09:49:19 AM
Naw, the fighting thing has less real-world applications.

You haven't been to a Polish law school. Just saying.

CountDeMoney

Martinus

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on March 08, 2012, 12:39:30 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 08, 2012, 12:38:14 PM
Faggots will go to any length to endorse faggity thinness.

I'm fat. :(

I know.  You're an old queen.  It's what happens. :hug:
There, there.  There, there.

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 08, 2012, 08:51:29 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on March 08, 2012, 08:50:02 AM
for example how many kids on free school meals get into Oxbridge.

How many?  Curious.

Hamilcar's servant forgot to put the cream cheese on his bagel once.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

DGuller

Quote from: Martinus on March 08, 2012, 12:36:24 PM
It also serves a health objective, as (i) it forces kids to exercise while they are fighting for a spot at the trough, (2) it puts the fat, slow kids on a diet-of-necessity as they are beaten to the trough by stronger, more fit kids.
I'm not sure it would work that well.  In school, few kids are athletic enough to take advantage of slimness.  Typically, fat kids are the strongest ones, up to a point.  Under the fight system for the trough position, the equilibrium is probably going to settle on "pretty fat".

crazy canuck

Quote from: DGuller on March 08, 2012, 01:16:00 PM
It also serves a health objective, as (i) it forces kids to exercise while they are fighting for a spot at the trough, (2) it puts the fat, slow kids on a diet-of-necessity as they are beaten to the trough by stronger, more fit kids.
I'm not sure it would work that well.  In school, few kids are athletic enough to take advantage of slimness.  Typically, fat kids are the strongest ones, up to a point.  Under the fight system for the trough position, the equilibrium is probably going to settle on "pretty fat".

Fat kids have no endurance.  They might be have more body mass and so will be harder to move but assuming the trough is implemented correctly and the kids are required to run for the trough that advantage will be reduced and perhaps eliminated.

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

HVC

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 08, 2012, 01:23:32 PM
Quote from: DGuller on March 08, 2012, 01:16:00 PM

Fat kids have no endurance.  They might be have more body mass and so will be harder to move but assuming the trough is implemented correctly and the kids are required to run for the trough that advantage will be reduced and perhaps eliminated.
but the fat kids have more incentive. they're hungry :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on March 08, 2012, 12:54:44 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 08, 2012, 08:51:29 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on March 08, 2012, 08:50:02 AM
for example how many kids on free school meals get into Oxbridge.

How many?  Curious.

Hamilcar's servant forgot to put the cream cheese on his bagel once.

clotted cream, you colonial.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive