How Many Bottles of Beer Come in a "Case of Beer"?

Started by PRC, March 05, 2012, 03:51:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A "Case of Beer" has this many bottles:

6 Beer
1 (3%)
12 Beer
7 (21.2%)
24 Beer
22 (66.7%)
Other
3 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 33

crazy canuck

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 05, 2012, 04:26:41 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on March 05, 2012, 04:15:25 PMwatered down stuff most Americans refer to as beer.

Heineken?   :P

You're a couple decades behind the times on that front. We sold our shitty beer companies to the Belgians and started over.

I grant you there are some excellent micro breweries in the US.  But all I see on US stations are Bud and Millar commercials so I condemn you for that.

Jacob

Admiral Yi

24 in a case.  12 beers is a 12-pack or a half-rack.

derspiess

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 05, 2012, 04:28:49 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 05, 2012, 04:26:41 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on March 05, 2012, 04:15:25 PMwatered down stuff most Americans refer to as beer.

Heineken?   :P

You're a couple decades behind the times on that front. We sold our shitty beer companies to the Belgians and started over.

I grant you there are some excellent micro breweries in the US.  But all I see on US stations are Bud and Millar commercials so I condemn you for that.

Fine.  We'll keep the good stuff to ourselves.

Speaking of which, I have a sampler pack of New Belgium at home calling my name...
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

I can't tell much difference between US mega-brews and Canadian mega-brews.

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 05, 2012, 04:40:45 PM

I think most varieties of Molson tend to have a bit more taste than Miller or Bud.  AFAIK Molson never made much use of adjuncts (corn & rice, which lighten & slightly sweeten the flavor) like our mega-brews do. 

One difference with Molson Golden and especially Moosehead is skunkiness.  Lose the green bottles, Canucks.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on March 05, 2012, 04:45:38 PMOne difference with Molson Golden and especially Moosehead is skunkiness.  Lose the green bottles, Canucks.

Yeah. Light green bottles for beer is an abomination.

The dark green ones work as well as the brown ones, AFAIK, but you don't see those used much in North America.

Sophie Scholl

"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

crazy canuck

One major difference is alcohol content - the reason we refer to Bud as water.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 05, 2012, 05:29:29 PM

One major difference is alcohol content - the reason we refer to Bud as water.
Some day you'll leave the 20th century and realize that there is a ton of American beer these days that isn't Bud, Coors, or Miller.  Hell, all three of those companies aren't even American owned anymore.  Canada had the lead in terms of quality beer for a while.  Alas, your country seems to have fell asleep while resting on it's laurels and has fallen behind by a wide margin these days.  I hope they wake up and keep up like Unibroue and others are doing, as I love having more options for quality beer.  To base your whole argument of why American beer is terrible and weak on the basis of Bud, Coors, and Miller though is working off of a false premise.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Jacob

I gotta go with the Americans on this one. They've got some fine beer.

And mega-brew lager is mega-brew lager no matter where it's made... the Americas, Europe, Asia, Africa... whatever.

MadBurgerMaker

viper37

Quote from: PRC on March 05, 2012, 03:51:19 PM
Just how many bottles of beer actually come in a "case of beer"?
Case of beer is usually 24 beers.  Otherwise, it's a 12 pack or 6-pack.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

sbr

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on March 05, 2012, 06:06:59 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on March 05, 2012, 04:09:49 PM
A case is 24.  A 12-pack is a 12-pack.

This right here.

:yes:

12-packs can also be called half-cases, short-cases, or half-racks though that is usually by the kids.