News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Soft Drinks

Started by garbon, March 05, 2012, 02:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: FunkMonk on March 05, 2012, 03:32:54 PM
Interesting to see a bubbly little redoubt of Soda-speakers between the Popist Union and the Coke Confederacy. To which side will these independent minded St. Lousians-and-surrounding-area-residents align themselves?

Yeah, I wonder why people in my area call it Soda.  "Soda" is what I've heard all my life.  I live in that little yellow blast at the middle of the country.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

sbr

I am a soda guy in a sea of poppers.

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on March 05, 2012, 06:03:47 PM
Quote from: garbon on March 05, 2012, 05:36:32 PMAwful! :P

Brown on the outside, yellow on the inside.

Do you like anime, garbon?

Nope. Also you should watch out if your peanut butter has turned yellow. :x
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

How many times have we had this now?

Pop is correct.
Soda is fairly standard American.
Coke is mad.
██████
██████
██████

sbr

Pop is a verb, not something you drink.

Fireblade

I'm a "coke" guy, in a sea of "coke" people, working in a small island of infidels who say "soda".

Goddamn Yankees. Makes it awkward when I or my equally Southern coworker runs to the convenience store.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Fireblade on March 19, 2012, 11:24:52 PM
I'm a "coke" guy, in a sea of "coke" people, working in a small island of infidels who say "soda".

Goddamn Yankees. Makes it awkward when I or my equally Southern coworker runs to the convenience store.

Coke is about as dumb a term for generic soda as there is. When I ask for a Coke, I don't want to have to clarify that I am in fact asking for a Coke, and not a Sprite or a Pepsi.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 19, 2012, 11:35:25 PM
Quote from: Fireblade on March 19, 2012, 11:24:52 PM

Coke is about as dumb a term for generic soda as there is. When I ask for a Coke, I don't want to have to clarify that I am in fact asking for a Coke, and not a Sprite or a Pepsi.

Sprite being lemonade is of course totally wrong for coke but in the ussage I'm used to coke and cola tend to be interchangable so a pepsi would be fine.
I can't really taste the difference between coca cola and pepsi anyway.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Laying off the sodas, not to mention maintaining a 2,000 calories-a-day diet, and I've lost 30 pounds since January 11th.  This weekend I was wearing jeans I haven't worn in 6 years.
Make of that what you will.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 19, 2012, 11:35:25 PM

If you asked for a Coke, you wouldn't get a Sprite.  And if they offered Pepsi, they would tell you.

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 20, 2012, 05:38:32 AM
Laying off the sodas, not to mention maintaining a 2,000 calories-a-day diet, and I've lost 30 pounds since January 11th.  This weekend I was wearing jeans I haven't worn in 6 years.

You've recaptiulated a Sex in the City episode perfectly?  Good work.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on March 20, 2012, 07:23:39 AM

You've recaptiulated a Sex in the City episode perfectly?  Good work.

My ass is shapely.  Now let's go to Dubai.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

It's shit, you've realised it's 'poison' and now you're profiting.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"