NFL Offseason 2012: Because contract negotiations are part of the excitement

Started by CountDeMoney, March 01, 2012, 01:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 07, 2012, 05:42:49 PM
The franchise tag requires the team to pay him the average of the top 5 salaries at the position for the year.
But it won't get to that point.

The Saints better hope it won't.  They need the Franchise tag to use on other players.  I just know Brees went into this negotiation figuring a deal would be easily done but the Saints are playing hardball with him for some reason.  Meh.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

ulmont

Quote from: Valmy on March 09, 2012, 10:18:37 AM
The Saints better hope it won't.  They need the Franchise tag to use on other players.  I just know Brees went into this negotiation figuring a deal would be easily done but the Saints are playing hardball with him for some reason.  Meh.

It's too late for that.  The time to place the tag is over and done.  The Saints didn't tag Nicks, they didn't tag Colston, and they didn't tag Porter.

Valmy

Quote from: ulmont on March 09, 2012, 10:20:24 AM
It's too late for that.  The time to place the tag is over and done.  The Saints didn't tag Nicks, they didn't tag Colston, and they didn't tag Porter.

Is that a fact?  Well that is disappointing.  I hope saving a few million on Brees was worth it to them.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Neil

I think the Saints are of the opinion that Brees is so good that who they have at wideout isn't important, and they're probably right.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Alcibiades

Brandon Jacobs cut, and rumor has it Dwight Freeney wont remain a Colt.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

MadBurgerMaker

:rolleyes: The Texans punter who tore his knee all up running down the field at some point around the middle of the season (or whenever...he stepped in one of the seams in the Reliant turf on a kickoff) has been suspended for violating the substance abuse policy.  Way to make yourself expendable, kid.  UDFA out of Central Michigan, did well enough for people to be talking about keeping him around long term even after the injury, then pops on a drug test.  This isn't Brian "holy fuck the dude is everywhere" Cushing we're talking about.

E: The suspension was for four games, but apparently he got credit for one in the playoffs despite being on IR (????), so he only has three left.  Possibly roids while injured to help with the recovery time.  Other rumors mention smoking the ganj.  Whatever.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Neil

So, the Colts have decided not to have any good players anymore?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Manning is in Arizona today;  the NFL Network is covering Manning with all the non-stop urgency of ABC covering the Reagan assassination attempt.

I think he'd be a good fit in Arizona, but he's also stated his preference for staying in the AFC.

He's got a second home in Miami.... :ph34r:

Alcibiades

He may want to stay in the AFC, but I think he would have a lot more success with the NFC options open to him.  Manning with Fitzgerald?  :mmm:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on March 10, 2012, 03:49:23 AM
Are Valmy's pants a dairy factory?

It is a damned shame, isn't it?  RG3 deserved better.

Maybe he'll get lucky, and pull a Len Bias.

Valmy

Quote from: katmai on March 10, 2012, 03:49:23 AM
Are Valmy's pants a dairy factory?

Yep.  Excellent move by the Skins.  The QB position has been an albatross around their necks since 1992.  There really is almost no price too high to fill a two decades long hole.