Gay Marine’s homecoming kiss goes viral

Started by garbon, February 27, 2012, 01:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Your feel good gay story of the week.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/gay-marine-homecoming-kiss-goes-viral-172452159.html

QuoteFive months after the military's ban on openly gay service expired, a photo of a young gay Marine's homecoming kiss has gone viral.

Nearly 15,000 people have liked the picture on Facebook, which was posted in a group for gay Marines on Saturday.

The Marine, Brandon Morgan, posted a response on his Facebook wall according to the JoeMyGod blog. "To everyone who has responded in a positive way. My partner and I want to say thank you. Dalan, the giant in the photo, can't believe how many shares and likes we have gotten on this. We didn't do this to get famous,or something like that we did this cause after 3 deployments and four years knowing each other, we finally told each other how we felt," Morgan wrote.

He responded to "haters" who criticized him for kissing in uniform. "If the Sergeants Major, Captains, Majors, and Colonels around us didn't care...then why do you care what these random people have to say?"

In December, two female naval petty officers became the first same-sex couple to share the traditional first kiss on the pier when the ship returned from an 80-day deployment.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Strix

Well, consider they make up less than 10% of the population....you have to figure 15,000 is like 150,000.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

garbon

Strix

Gay people, homosexuals, batters for the other team?
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

crazy canuck

I think the Lesbian one went viral.  Hadnt heard of this till I saw this thread.

garbon

Quote from: Strix on February 27, 2012, 01:59:26 PM
Gay people, homosexuals, batters for the other team?

What's next? Wanna bust out a "those people"?

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Neil

Garbon's attempts to play the victim are hillarious.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: Neil on February 27, 2012, 03:16:31 PM
Garbon's attempts to play the victim are hillarious.

I'd only be a victim if I wanted to be. -_-

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on February 27, 2012, 03:18:15 PM
Quote from: Valmy on February 27, 2012, 03:17:50 PM
Awwwwwwww

To be fair, that kiss is pretty goofy. :D

The leap was a little over the top yes :P

But hey they hadn't seen each other in a year or so right?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."