Orioles winning season
4 (21.1%)
Cubs win World Series
5 (26.3%)
Jaron-sized asteroid hits the earth, destroying life as we know it
5 (26.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Syt

And another has-been will likely come to Pittsburgh . . . .

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12049/1211067-63.stm?cmpid=pirates.xml

QuoteBRADENTON, Fla. -- The Pirates and New York Yankees reached an agreement Friday that will send right-handed starter A.J. Burnett to Pittsburgh, according to a source.

The Yankees will pay $20 million of the remaining $33 million owed Burnett over the next two seasons, and the Pirates will send two prospects to the Yankees, the source said. The Yankees will receive pitcher Diego Moreno and outfielder Exicardo Cayones, according to The Associated Press.

Major League Baseball commissioner Bud Selig must approve the transaction because it involves a transfer of more than $1 million. The deal also is pending on Burnett passing a physical.

Serious negotiations lasted more than a week.

Burnett, 35, went 11-11 with a 5.15 ERA in 2011 and had a 5.00-plus ERA each of the past two seasons. He signed a five-year, $82.5 million contract before the 2009 season after opting out of a five-year, $55 million deal with the Toronto Blue Jays.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 17, 2012, 07:04:38 PM
That is why you fail.

Eh it is not like there is much hitting when Texas plays, team ERA was 2.35 and team BA was .269.

And yeah the bats have not gone ping in years but, you know, tradition.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

sbr

Accoridng to a radio interview with Keith Law of ESPN the Orioles are not only the worst team this year, but also the worst team in MLB based on some 5 year projection rating.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on February 18, 2012, 12:42:32 AM
Eh it is not like there is much hitting when Texas plays, team ERA was 2.35 and team BA was .269.

Small ball! *bunts into a triple play*

jimmy olsen

Wakefield retires. :(

www2.turnto10.com/sports/2012/feb/17/4/wakefield-announce-retirement-ar-936337/
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: sbr on February 18, 2012, 01:52:08 AM
Accoridng to a radio interview with Keith Law of ESPN the Orioles are not only the worst team this year, but also the worst team in MLB based on some 5 year projection rating.

My projections say 15 years.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on February 17, 2012, 08:33:24 PM
More of a weird *thunk* these days.

Did they trade in their aluminum bats for cantaloupes?