Orioles winning season
4 (21.1%)
Cubs win World Series
5 (26.3%)
Jaron-sized asteroid hits the earth, destroying life as we know it
5 (26.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Pirates. The Cubs have the hardest achievement to get and the Orioles are in the same division with the Red Sox, Yankees, and the Rays.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Cubs will win the WS long before either of those clubs get off the schnide.

Sophie Scholl

Cubs win!  Cubs win!  They're powered by Epstein now, so it's only a matter of time.  If he can win with the Red Sox, he can win with the Cubbies.  I believe.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on February 17, 2012, 03:53:47 AM
Cubs win!  Cubs win!  They're powered by Epstein now, so it's only a matter of time.  If he can win with the Red Sox, he can win with the Cubbies.  I believe.

And if Dan Duquette can build the '94 Montreal Expos into The Greatest Team That Never Was, he can definitely take the Orioles absolutely nowhere.  I believe.

Syt

If the Bucs have a second 25 man roster ready for the second half of the season, THIS MIGHT BE THE YEAR!
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

College Baseball starts today.  The ping of the bat, the murmur of the crowd, the smell of the fake grass, the amazing skills of 1 and 2 tool players.  It is all so magical.

But yeah the doom of the Orioles has no end in sight.  I vote Pirates just because the Cubs could have every top player in the game and win 150 games and would still find a way to lose the WS.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

fhdz

THIS.
and the horse you rode in on

Valmy

Quote from: fahdiz on February 17, 2012, 12:12:59 PM

THIS.

Seriously people have the past 104 years taught you nothing?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Syt

I think I'm going to watch the 7th game of the 1971 World Series tonight. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on February 17, 2012, 12:27:56 PM
I think I'm going to watch the 7th game of the 1971 World Series tonight. :)

:weep:

You bastard.

Grey Fox

I want The Expos to come back :( I miss watching Baseball & the Blue Jay's aren't fun to watch.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 17, 2012, 12:29:59 PM
I want The Expos to come back :( I miss watching Baseball & the Blue Jay's aren't fun to watch.

In Deus Ex: Human Revolution the corporate boss watches baseball on one of his screens - Expos@Tigers. The game starts in Detroit, the devs are from Montreal. So I guess you're not alone.

At any rate, it can't be worse than the Nats.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Grey Fox

Don't know. Canada is Blue Jay's territory.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

fhdz

Quote from: Valmy on February 17, 2012, 12:20:32 PM
Seriously people have the past 104 years taught you nothing?

It has taught me patience. Boundless, zen-like patience.
and the horse you rode in on