News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Obama considering steep nuclear arms cuts

Started by Kleves, February 15, 2012, 11:15:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 23, 2012, 12:10:18 PM
That's rather un-fahdiz of you, man.  'Sup widdat?

Agreed.  He normally isn't such a sore loser.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: 11B4V on February 23, 2012, 12:46:31 PM
Even an AAR too. :lol:

The AAR lasts longer than the war, as we all know.  Soon, The Usual Suspects will be chiming in with their psychoanalysis of what some posters post the way they do, or bemoaning that their precious board has been hijacked by off-topic discussion or "semantic" somethingorothers, etc.

That's the best part of any discussion; the dogpile phase.  :D
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on February 23, 2012, 12:44:57 PM
"Intellectually bankrupt" means that one has run out of intellectual arguments and is making arguments that are non-intellectual.  Fahdiz started with some intellectual arguments, but continued without them when all of his intellectual arguments were refuted (switching, instead, to the argument that the way I expressed myself was faulty, or something like that). That's intellectual bankruptcy.

Ideas can start out intellectually bankrupt, of course, but that's not what happened here.

:rolleyes:

Teach probably could have done without the instruction here.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

Quote from: fahdiz on February 23, 2012, 12:09:11 PM
Quote from: grumbler on February 23, 2012, 11:34:22 AM
I disagree.

And you are welcome to your disagreement. I don't give a shit.

In debates with grumbler, eventually only grumbler still acts in character.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on February 23, 2012, 12:52:10 PM

:lol: :yes:

I was just making a crack about how grumbler used that tirade as an opportunity to declare victory.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

Possibly, but his post indicated otherwise.   What he says is the only basis I have to judge what he knows.  If his post misleads, I am not the one you should be rolling eyes at.

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 23, 2012, 01:06:58 PM
:lol: :yes:

I was just making a crack about how grumbler used that tirade as an opportunity to declare victory.

:lmfao:  That's always been my standard of victory, barring the occasional poster mature enough to admit that they were wrong.  You've been here long enough to know that.

Bayraktar!

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on February 23, 2012, 08:28:41 PM

Possibly, but his post indicated otherwise.   What he says is the only basis I have to judge what he knows.  If his post misleads, I am not the one you should be rolling eyes at.

His post wasn't misleading. It was clearly a joke at your posting style that has been identified. (I'm not making assumptions about you as an individual just what others have now coined as "grumbleresque".)  Throw away jokes/attacks don't really warrant analysis or commentary....yet here we are. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: fahdiz on February 23, 2012, 12:09:11 PM
Quote from: grumbler on February 23, 2012, 11:34:22 AM
I disagree.

And you are welcome to your disagreement. I don't give a shit.

Fahdiz has been kinda cranky since he came back.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on February 23, 2012, 09:38:29 PM
His post wasn't misleading. It was clearly a joke at your posting style that has been identified. (I'm not making assumptions about you as an individual just what others have now coined as "grumbleresque".)  Throw away jokes/attacks don't really warrant analysis or commentary....yet here we are. :D

Some of the most annoying arguments I've been in on Languish started with what I thought were throwaway jokes.  :blush:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

I think the scientific term for what you are doing here is "beating an expired equine."

Bayraktar!

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: grumbler on February 24, 2012, 05:46:35 AM

I think the scientific term for what you are doing here is "beating an expired equine."
No.
PDH!

Tamas

Raz is quickly devolving into Grumbler Junior.

Darth Wagtaros

Well with grumbler's age increasingly a factor in the quality and quantity of his postings having an understudy is a requirement. 
PDH!