News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones...TV Show thread

Started by Josephus, February 13, 2012, 05:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Wherein we discuss the HBO tv show without venturing into future predictions based on the reading of the series of books. This is an as-it-happens only thread.

No SPOILERS are permitted. Discussion on episodes aired is allowed as they happen, though, without consideration to time zones, TIVOs, etc.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Eddie Teach

You should probably have the threads marked (Spoilers) and (No Spoilers) in the titles, as for long-running threads like this people are apt to forget.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

Well, I can't change the heading. I modified my post to reflect that.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

crazy canuck

Since all of us, with few exceptions, have read all the books, it is going to be hard to make predictions only based on the series.  You might as well say "people who read the books stay out".

Josephus

People who've read the books are welcome to discuss the episodes. I'm not exclusivist. I've actually read two-and-a-half books.

crazy canuck

Based on what I have seen so far I predict there will be a great many characters dying in the near future. :P

Razgovory

I predict there will be some sort of conflict stemming from events in the first book season.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

I think they will move the marriage of Littlefinger to Sansa to this season, even though it happened in book 5.  It just makes more sense for it to happen at this point in the story, because it means more time (and thus more believability) between his marriage and his betrayal of the Eyrie to Dani's forces.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Liep

I think I've misunderstood something.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josquius

Quote from: grumbler on February 13, 2012, 10:52:57 PM
I think they will move the marriage of Littlefinger to Sansa to this season, even though it happened in book 5.  It just makes more sense for it to happen at this point in the story, because it means more time (and thus more believability) between his marriage and his betrayal of the Eyrie to Dani's forces.

:lol:

I was thinking "wtf...." for a second there then I realised the thread and it clicked.
But yes. Agreed. The revelation that Tyrion is Jon Snow`s half brother will also come in series 2 rather than 3. Probally.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Minor spoiler- The Starks, Lannisters, Tyrells, etc. are the real Others.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadImmortalMan

I noticed the first season is available for preorder on bluray.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Josephus

Oh you guys...barrel of laughs. My bad. I should have known better. :D

HVC

It helps if you don't remember any character names. Then none of the spoilers make sense and nothing really gets spoiled :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Razgovory

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 13, 2012, 06:41:59 PM
Based on what I have seen so far I predict there will be a great many characters dying in the near future. :P

And then getting better.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017