Main Menu

FBI opens its file on Steve Jobs...

Started by Brazen, February 10, 2012, 11:07:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brazen

...finds he experimented with alcohol.

QuoteFBI releases its file on Steve Jobs

Jobs tended to distort reality

THE UNITED STATES Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has released its file on Steve Jobs, the Apple co-founder and CEO that gave the world the Mac, the Iphone and the Ipad.

The information comes from an FBI background check in the 1990s when Jobs was being considered for appointment to a federal government commission and is a mix of interviews and other data.

Some things interested agents more than others of course - for example Job's prior drug use, his ability to spin the truth, what he did in his spare time, and his family life.

"Several individuals questioned Mr Jobs' honesty stating that Mr Jobs will twist the truth and distort reality in order to achieve his goals," the report says in summary of the responses collected.

Other things that the FBI noted include Jobs' relationships, such as the fact that he had a child while unmarried.

"They also commented that, in the past, Jobs was not supportive of (the mother of his child born out of wedlock) and their daughter; however, recently [he] has become more supportive," it adds.

Naturally his use of drugs pops up a few time and the FBI presumably furrowed its brow when it noted that Jobs had tried marijuana, LSD, and, gasp, alcohol. All that was very much in the past by the time the report was produced however.

Ultimately the FBI concluded that Jobs was "not a communist" and described him as a "person of trust" and someone that would never be accused of "prejudice and bias". He was, the file says, loyal and of good character.
http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2145324/fbi-releases-file-steve-jobs

BTW The Inquirer deliberately caps up Iphone and the like because a) it is grammatically correct and b) it annoys Apple fanboys.

Valmy

Wait so he was not a Communist?  Good to hear.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Berkut

But 'Iphone' is not 'grammatically correct' at all.

The name of the product is 'iPhone'. It is a name, right? Therefore whatever the name is, is grammatically correct. Hell, before there was an 'iPhone' the string 'iphone' was not even a actual word no matter how you capitalize it.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Ed Anger

Shocking the Gub'mint noted stuff when he was up for a position on the export council. SHOCKING.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on February 10, 2012, 11:11:06 AM

The name of the product is 'iPhone'. It is a name, right? Therefore whatever the name is, is grammatically correct. Hell, before there was an 'iPhone' the string 'iphone' was not even a actual word no matter how you capitalize it.

The Federal Bureau of Intimidation is not impressed with meaningless proprietary trademarks.

Brazen

They're just being deliberately contrary and tongue in cheek so it's really not worth arguing about.

I worked somewhere previously that refused to let QinetiQ have that second capitalised Q.

Worse, there's a chip shop round the corner called "Fish@Chips". I wonder how they answer the phone?

Berkut

Quote from: Brazen on February 10, 2012, 11:19:44 AM

They're just being deliberately contrary and tongue in cheek so it's really not worth arguing about.

That is not The Languish Way(tm)
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Brazen

Ed Anger

Worse, there's a chip shop round the corner called "Fish@Chips". I wonder how they answer the phone?

WOTS ALL THIS THEN?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

Grammar question for the hablados ingleses indigenes (yeah, I made this up).

Quoteits file on Steve Jobs, the Apple co-founder and CEO that gave the world the Mac, the Iphone and the Ipad

Shouldn't it be "who gave the world the Mac" instead of "that"? Wouldn't "that" refer to "its file" in this sentence?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

PDH

Quote from: Syt on February 10, 2012, 11:28:55 AM

Quoteits file on Steve Jobs, the Apple co-founder and CEO that gave the world the Mac, the Iphone and the Ipad

Shouldn't it be "who gave the world the Mac" instead of "that"? Wouldn't "that" refer to "its file" in this sentence?

Jobs was a robot without emotions, so "that" is technically correct.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

jimmy olsen

Quote from: PDH on February 10, 2012, 11:37:29 AM
Quote from: Syt on February 10, 2012, 11:28:55 AM

Jobs was a robot without emotions, so "that" is technically correct.
Wasn't he filled with rage, pride and greed?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 10, 2012, 11:25:22 AM

WOTS ALL THIS THEN?

:lol:

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers