News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fun work situation!

Started by Jaron, February 09, 2012, 09:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

Hello my fellows,

I had an interesting and fun situation at work I'd like to share with you all. I think some of you may identify, some of you may slap your foreheads with me, and others might just get a laugh out of it.

The company I work for is close to losing an account they really wanted for a long time. They recently gave us a "spin" and the setup of their service was rife with errors. They don't like their account manager, they didn't like the service, they felt a lot of things went too slowly, there were issues with their contract.

What the company did this morning was call a special meeting with their corporate contacts at the company and a special team the company I work for threw together to try to stop the "bleeding", as it were. One of our vice presidents, an account manager, one of our developers and I (as a trainer) were on a conference call/webinar to show how excellent the product we're trying to sell them is.

As I was doing the demo, someone sent me a chat message with a chat program we use at work to communicate (google talk). It was one of my subordinates telling me how frustrated she was that the training she did with them has to be redone and she simply wrote to me: "I want to slap <company name> in the face." Unfortunately, it was seen by their corporate management team and about 30 of their employees.

Oops.  :blush:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Ed Anger

Somebody dropped a turd in the punch bowl.   :lol:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

HVC

Always, always, always turn off anything that can pop up messages when doing presentations. Now you know lol
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Monoriu

Why is this even fun?  If this happened to me my job would be in serious peril.  At the very least I expect to be transferred out of this department with immediate effect. 

Caliga

You have subordinates? :huh:

Anyway, you should fire her. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Caliga on February 09, 2012, 10:14:04 PM

Pffft, you haven't even ascertained what she looks like.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Monoriu on February 09, 2012, 10:13:08 PM
Why is this even fun?  If this happened to me my job would be in serious peril.  At the very least I expect to be transferred out of this department with immediate effect. 
You live and work in a giant social pressure cooker.  Reactions like that are to be expected.
PDH!

DGuller

:console:  Better luck in your next job.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Monoriu on February 09, 2012, 10:13:08 PM
He's being sarcastic
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Jaron

My job isn't even remotely in jeopardy.

This other girl though - its going to depend. I don't think anyone at their company actually saw it. It was only on the screen for about a half a second. If they DID see it -- it will not bode well for her. If they didn't see it, she'll get off with a firm slap on the wrist and a company wide policy change on turning chat programs off during presentations.  :lol:

Jaron

Quote from: Caliga on February 09, 2012, 10:14:04 PM

Yes. I have a small team that works under me. :)

Jaron

The downside is that the company had asked the demo to be recorded and emailed to them. We can't very well send THAT one, so tomorrow I have to do the whole thing over again. <_<