0 (0%)
Batman and Robin
0 (0%)
End of Days
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Caliga

Quote from: The Larch on February 09, 2012, 07:43:55 PM
Can't decide between Conan and T2 for the first spot. Total Recall #3, Predator #4, True Lies #5.
Total Recall is weird for me.  I really wanted to like it, and parts of it are cool, but parts are so over the top that I got a bit turned off.  Like I remember laughing hysterically at the ending when I first saw it because it's so freaking ridiculous... I was like 12 at the time and even then I knew it was way over the top.  Also, the scene with 'CONSIDER DIS UH DIVOHCE'.... it's ridiculously campy because of how nonchalantly Arnie kills a woman who at one point he thought was his wife (and maybe she really was?  :hmm: ) and fucking and everything.  He's just like *boom* 'CONSIDER DIS UH DIVOHCE' and smirks.  I mean, wtf, that's total psychopathy right there for you, not to mention a fucking tragedy because Sharon Stone at that point was so HOTT it was ridiculous. :(

Other good TR lines:

SEE YOU ATDA PAHTY RICHTA!
HAHAH YOU TINK DIS IS DA REAL QUAID? IT IS *blamblamblam*
GET YAH ASS TO MAHS GET YA ASS TO MAHS GET YA ASS TO MAHS
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

GET IN THE CHOPPA.

If anybody has already mentioned that line, well fuck you and all your ancestors.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Not only did I mention it already but you jacked it up. :mad:

Here, let me help you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9-Te-DPbSE

Eddie Teach

After watching that clip, I haven't the foggiest idea how that line became iconic.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tyr on February 09, 2012, 07:50:11 PM
I just don't get the True Lies love. I remember finding it pretty meh.

You hate everything made in America.

It has it's off moments (any scene with Jamie Lee Curtis) but it's loaded with gold.  The Charleton Heston cameo was dynamite.  I can't think of a single better special effects scene in any movie ever made than the Marine Harriers blowing up the evol towelheads on the Key Highway.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Caliga on February 09, 2012, 07:50:58 PMI mean, wtf, that's total psychopathy right there for you

Yeah, but that pretty much describes every Paul Verhoeven film.

Caliga

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 09, 2012, 08:01:59 PM
After watching that clip, I haven't the foggiest idea how that line became iconic.  :hmm:
I can't remember for sure when it became so quotable, but it got a huge boost when they named the WoW achievement for obtaining a motorcycle mount Get to the choppa!

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Caliga on February 09, 2012, 08:21:40 PM
I can't remember for sure when it became so quotable, but it got a huge boost when they named the WoW achievement for obtaining a motorcycle mount Get to the choppa!

Usage spiked a little in South/East Texas around week 5 of the 2008 NFL season as well.

Neil

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on February 09, 2012, 08:45:11 PM
Quote from: Caliga on February 09, 2012, 08:21:40 PM
Usage spiked a little in South/East Texas around week 5 of the 2008 NFL season as well.
:lol:

Poor guy will go down in history for that.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Caliga

MadBurgerMaker

Poor bastard was just trying to make a play.  Win a football game.  Be a hero.  Maybe start really making people think he should start over Schaub. 

Man he really fucked all that up, didn't he?

Caliga

Wasn't that part of some game where the visiting team was way the fuck down and scored like 4 touchdowns in the last few minutes of the game?

Neil

Quote from: Caliga on February 09, 2012, 10:15:27 PM
Wasn't that part of some game where the visiting team was way the fuck down and scored like 4 touchdowns in the last few minutes of the game?
Yeah, the Colts came back big, although I don't think it was 4 touchdowns big.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Neil on February 09, 2012, 10:21:20 PM
Yeah, the Colts came back big, although I don't think it was 4 touchdowns big.

When the helicopter play happened, it was 27 - 17 coming just off of a Colts TD with like 4:00 left.  He tried to fly, gave up the fumble for a TD to make it 27-24, then fumbled again inside the 20.  They, of course, immediately scored off of that to make it 31 - 27, so he then threw a game ending INT.  It was an impressive meltdown.

Edit:  I also remember Tim saying something like "THE TEXANS ARE KICKING THE COLTS ASSES!!  :blink:" just before it all went down.  Like JUST before.  :lol: