News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Anonymous Hacks Assad's Email Using 1234

Started by jimmy olsen, February 07, 2012, 06:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

:lmfao: Languish could have hacked this dumb fuck!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/syria/9067118/Anonymous-hackers-leak-Syrias-Bashar-al-Assads-astonishing-office-emails-discussing-Barbara-Walters.html

QuoteHackers leak Assad's astonishing office emails
Hundreds of emails from the office of Bashar al Assad have been leaked by the hacker group Anonymous.

By Phoebe Greenwood, Tel Aviv

4:30PM GMT 07 Feb 2012

The group used the simple password "1234" to log into the mail accounts of several of the Syrian president's closest aids.

The leaked documents, a selection of which are published in full on the website of Israeli daily Ha'artz, include a series of emails between Assad's media adviser Bouthaina Shaaban and Sheherazad Jaafari – a press attaché at the Syrian UN mission – briefing the president in advance of his now infamous interview with Barbara Walters in which he repeatedly denied that Syrian civilians were being killed by government troops.

Basing her advice on "major research" she conducted into US media coverage of the Syrian uprising, Jaafari advised Mr Assad: "It is hugely important and worth mentioning that 'mistakes' have been done in the beginning of the crises.

"American psyche can be easily manipulated when they hear that there are 'mistakes' done and now we are 'fixing it'."

She continued: "Its [sic] worth mentioning also what is happening now in Wall Street and the way the demonstrations are been [sic] suppressed by police men, police dogs and beatings."

Jaafari's lengthy email, sent ten days before the Walters interview, warns that the US media is preoccupied with the violent nature of the government crackdown: "They think that bloodshed is done by the government to attack the 'innocent civilians'".

"Syria doesn't have a policy to torture people, unlike the U.S.A We can use Abu Ghraib in Iraq as an example," she adds.

During the interview, Mr Assad went on to insist, "We don't kill our people - no government in the world kills its people, unless it's led by a crazy person."

Among other leaked emails is a correspondence between former British MP George Galloway and Shaaban, who is among Assad's closest advisors. Galloway requests the use of Syria's Latkia port as a departure point for Gaza flotilla the Mavi Mara.

"I am writing once again to ask for Syria's cooperation although I do no doubt it for one moment. Syria is as I have often said is [sic] the last castle of Arab dignity," Galloway writes in August 2010.

Shaaban responded within three days welcoming Galloway's suggestion, enthusing, "God bless your amazing efforts and I will be honoured to be part and parcel of it."

The astonishing emails have emerged as Assad's troops renew their bombardment of Homs, Syria's third largest city.

Opposition activists say the fresh assault has been waged after 95 people were killed there on Monday. Sustained shelling by government forces is thought to have killed at least 200 more on Friday night.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

KRonn

Well, at least someone is taking some bolder action against this dictator!   :ph34r:

The Larch

MadImmortalMan

I hope they had a chance to send some prank emails from his account before they leaked.

Quote from: [email protected]

Hey there Bibi! Look at all the wonderful chaos I have created in accordance with the protocols! lol!

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

The Minsky Moment

Classic Galloway.  You think there is no way he could disgrace himself further and yet he manages to find a way.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Neil

That's the sort of combination an idiot would use on his luggage.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josquius

I take issue with calling such hacking.
Unless they set a hacking programming running on the accounts only to be surprised as the programs finished straight away.
██████
██████
██████

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Tyr on February 07, 2012, 07:39:33 PM
I take issue with calling such hacking.
Unless they set a hacking programming running on the accounts only to be surprised as the programs finished straight away.

Probably.  Dictionary attack would be one of the first things tried.
Experience bij!

Ed Anger

Quote from: Neil on February 07, 2012, 07:32:10 PM
That's the sort of combination an idiot would use on his luggage.

Or an air shield.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Darth Wagtaros

Sending Nigerian style spam out would have been killer.

"Hello I am riting to you as son of forme President Hafez al-Assad and need your help to transfer money out of chattic Syria."
PDH!

Josephus

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on February 07, 2012, 09:20:14 PM
Sending Nigerian style spam out would have been killer.

"Hello I am riting to you as son of forme President Hafez al-Assad and need your help to transfer money out of chattic Syria."

:D
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

The Brain

Syrians write their e-mails in poor English?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Quote from: The Brain on February 08, 2012, 06:50:13 AM
Thats what foreigners speak isn't it?
Or did TV lie to me again....
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Quote from: The Brain on February 08, 2012, 06:50:13 AM

Of course, their schools are too poor to even attract the likes of Tim and Josq as teachers.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?