Arizona to ban collective bargaining for Arizona’s public employees

Started by jimmy olsen, February 02, 2012, 10:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Hansmeister on February 03, 2012, 09:48:23 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on February 03, 2012, 09:40:52 AM
You have revesed yourself many times Hans.  Particularly on the Iraq war.  You had been telling up it's been hunky dory for years.  Then after 2006 you said you had "Private reservations", about it the whole time.

By the way, which one is the Birther issue?  Libertarian or Conservative?

Wow, somebody definitely has not been paying attention.  I had several times complained about Generals squandering opportunities created by major defeats of Al Qaeda.  There were three seperate
occasions early in the war were we virtually wiped out Al Qaeda, only for us to pull back and give them room to reconstitute themselves.  Indeed, for years I was very critical of how we were going
about parts of our campaign, though I spent a lot more time ridiculing the silly attacks by the msm and the Democrats on our efforts.  Quite frankly, their positions tended to be extremely silly and
uninformed, and very easy to ridicule.

Reminds me of Katrina where the msm and the Democrats fabricated a whole host of ridiculous fantasies for purely political reasons.  Doesn't mean Katrina wasn't a disaster, just that most of the
public debate was based on BS.

It's shame we don't have the archives here anymore. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on February 03, 2012, 04:00:43 PM
Gotcha.

Those are two seperate quotes.  :secret:

Although after Square Head made his post it struck me that the quote you had in your sig might have included something about denying the vote to poor people.

Razgovory

I'm aware that's to separate quotes.  Hans just gave us the jist of what he thinks.  His post was his hatred of the social contract and how the poor shouldn't vote.  I. E. Decrying Democracy.

Doing some net jujitsu I found it.

QuoteFuck the social contract, I didn't sign on to having millions of worthless pieces of shit demanding handouts while contributing no effort themselves.  Why should those who work hard, save money for the future, and take responsibility for themselves be required to bail out all the worthless layabouts who blow all their money and then some ob big-screen TVs and XBOX 360's and then want a handout because working would distract from their play time.

Fuck em all.  There is nothing more antisocial than the "social contract", which rewards bad behavior and punishes responsibility.  This is why the poor shouldn't be allowed to vote: they end up voting to rob the public until eventually society collapses under their irresponsibility.

Hans, April 17th 2011
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

You have revesed yourself many times Hans.  Particularly on the Iraq war.  You had been telling up it's been hunky dory for years.  Then after 2006 you said you had "Private reservations", about it the whole time.

Wow, somebody definitely has not been paying attention.  I had several times complained about Generals squandering opportunities created by major defeats of Al Qaeda.  There were three seperate
occasions early in the war were we virtually wiped out Al Qaeda, only for us to pull back and give them room to reconstitute themselves.  Indeed, for years I was very critical of how we were going
about parts of our campaign, though I spent a lot more time ridiculing the silly attacks by the msm and the Democrats on our efforts.  Quite frankly, their positions tended to be extremely silly and

Reminds me of Katrina where the msm and the Democrats fabricated a whole host of ridiculous fantasies for purely political reasons.  Doesn't mean Katrina wasn't a disaster, just that most of the

I pay attention enough to know you still have't answered my question on the Birther issue.

DGuller

So Hans feels it's not OK to be bound by the social contract because he didn't sign it, but thinks it's perfectly fine to have a class of people be subjected to the laws of the government without having a say in it.  I know poking holes in Hans's arguments is like taking on a 2-year old in a fist fight, but serioulsy?  And the most frustrating part is that this imbecile is living off the tax money (or at least used to).

Barrister

Quote from: Razgovory on February 03, 2012, 04:18:13 PM

I pay attention enough to know you still have't answered my question on the Birther issue.

I think Hans has been pretty firm on birthers being idiots.

He even told us an anecdote about giving a speech and having some birther come up and talk to him afterwards.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

I don't know why Hans has to answer about birthers or not. I know if somebody gave me the forum equivalent of poking me in the chest, I'd not answer either.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Quote from: DGuller on February 03, 2012, 04:50:52 PM
So Hans feels it's not OK to be bound by the social contract because he didn't sign it, but thinks it's perfectly fine to have a class of people be subjected to the laws of the government without having a say in it.  I know poking holes in Hans's arguments is like taking on a 2-year old in a fist fight, but serioulsy?  And the most frustrating part is that this imbecile is living off the tax money (or at least used to).

I can think of a couple of classes of people who are subject to the laws without having a say in them.

Barrister

Quote from: Berkut on February 03, 2012, 01:56:10 PM
Quote from: Valmy on February 03, 2012, 01:41:43 PM
Quote from: Hansmeister on February 02, 2012, 11:04:45 PM
In the private sector Unions organize against their employers, against whom are public sector Unions organized?  The public?

Yep.  Franklin Roosevelt basically said this when he was defending why he did not allow public sector Unions and thought they were a ridiculous idea.  I always thought it was funny that basically FDR would be far right on this topic today.

I think it illustrates nicely that the foundation of Democrat support for Unions has nothing really to do with ideology, and everything to do with political influence and corruption.

Well I chastised Hans for using the word corruption, so I suppose I should take you to task for it as well.

In what way are public service unions corrupt?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Razgovory

Quote from: Barrister on February 03, 2012, 04:53:01 PM

I think Hans has been pretty firm on birthers being idiots.

He even told us an anecdote about giving a speech and having some birther come up and talk to him afterwards.

He didn't say if it came from the Conservative or Libertarian wing of the party.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 03, 2012, 05:09:00 PM
Quote from: DGuller on February 03, 2012, 04:50:52 PM

I can think of a couple of classes of people who are subject to the laws without having a say in them.

Do they include the poor?

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 03, 2012, 05:02:41 PM
I don't know why Hans has to answer about birthers or not. I know if somebody gave me the forum equivalent of poking me in the chest, I'd not answer either.

If he wants to come out swinging he's going to have to take some of the pitches.

DGuller

Quote from: Barrister on February 03, 2012, 05:13:56 PM
Well I chastised Hans for using the word corruption, so I suppose I should take you to task for it as well.

I would say that one type of public unions that should be assumed to be corrupt until proven otherwise are police unions.  It seems like a large part of their work involves either protecing police officers from punishment for abuse of power, or facilitating subtle forms of bribery (like giving a sticker in exchange for "donation"), to be displayed conspicuously when pulled over by a cop.

Valmy

Big part is the same way private sector unions are corrupt: buying politicians. 
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on February 03, 2012, 05:28:41 PM

Big part is the same way private sector unions are corrupt: buying politicians.

They are corrupt because they oppose things Hans wants.  If they were on his side, they would be beacons or morality.