Arizona to ban collective bargaining for Arizona’s public employees

Started by jimmy olsen, February 02, 2012, 10:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 03, 2012, 09:40:06 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 03, 2012, 09:20:51 AM
They don't have rifles anyway; they're all loaned out to Teabaggers who take them to Obama rallies.

All the angry proletarians in right to work states loaned their guns to their Teabagger buddies?

You sure you don't want to rethink this one?

I like shotguns.  All over the place, target not necessarily hit.  You know that.

Razgovory

I take down my Hans quote decrying democracy and the next day he shows up.  Great. <_<
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on February 03, 2012, 09:43:51 AM
I take down my Hans quote decrying democracy and the next day he shows up.  Great. <_<

That wasn't a quote decrying democracy.  It was a quote decrying the safety net/handouts.

Ed Anger

I'm sure Guller has a copy. He keeps copies of this place.

Creepy. NKVD creepy.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Hansmeister

Quote from: Razgovory on February 03, 2012, 09:40:52 AM
You have revesed yourself many times Hans.  Particularly on the Iraq war.  You had been telling up it's been hunky dory for years.  Then after 2006 you said you had "Private reservations", about it the whole time.

By the way, which one is the Birther issue?  Libertarian or Conservative?

Wow, somebody definitely has not been paying attention.  I had several times complained about Generals squandering opportunities created by major defeats of Al Qaeda.  There were three seperate
occasions early in the war were we virtually wiped out Al Qaeda, only for us to pull back and give them room to reconstitute themselves.  Indeed, for years I was very critical of how we were going
about parts of our campaign, though I spent a lot more time ridiculing the silly attacks by the msm and the Democrats on our efforts.  Quite frankly, their positions tended to be extremely silly and
uninformed, and very easy to ridicule.

Reminds me of Katrina where the msm and the Democrats fabricated a whole host of ridiculous fantasies for purely political reasons.  Doesn't mean Katrina wasn't a disaster, just that most of the
public debate was based on BS.

Hansmeister

And you think it is a coincidence?

And of course I oppose democracy, since I oppose rule by mob.  I've always favored a Republican style of government.  Heck, I oppose universal suffrage.  People ought to have to earn the right to vote.

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on February 03, 2012, 09:37:37 AM
You've barely been here in the last 3 years...
Not that Hansy should take it as a complaint in any way.

DGuller

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 03, 2012, 09:48:17 AM

I'm sure Guller has a copy. He keeps copies of this place.

Creepy. NKVD creepy.
Unfortunately, I don't keep copies of Raz's signature.  Even NKVD has a limit to the amount of surveillance data it can store.

DGuller

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on February 02, 2012, 10:53:27 PM
Mine does fuck all, but they are trying - and will probably succeed - in changing the rules so that we eitehr must belong or get terminated.  As it is people have to pay the dues whether they are members or not.

Good luck with that, since that's against Taft-Hartley.  Belong or pay dues anyway is as close as they can get.
Experience bij!

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Siege

Quote from: Hansmeister on February 03, 2012, 09:51:39 AM

And you think it is a coincidence?

And of course I oppose democracy, since I oppose rule by mob.  I've always favored a Republican style of government.  Heck, I oppose universal suffrage.  People ought to have to earn the right to vote.

Whoa. How come didn't this occurr to me?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Valmy

Quote from: Hansmeister on February 02, 2012, 11:04:45 PM
In the private sector Unions organize against their employers, against whom are public sector Unions organized?  The public?

Yep.  Franklin Roosevelt basically said this when he was defending why he did not allow public sector Unions and thought they were a ridiculous idea.  I always thought it was funny that basically FDR would be far right on this topic today.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Berkut

Quote from: Valmy on February 03, 2012, 01:41:43 PM
Quote from: Hansmeister on February 02, 2012, 11:04:45 PM
In the private sector Unions organize against their employers, against whom are public sector Unions organized?  The public?

Yep.  Franklin Roosevelt basically said this when he was defending why he did not allow public sector Unions and thought they were a ridiculous idea.  I always thought it was funny that basically FDR would be far right on this topic today.

I think it illustrates nicely that the foundation of Democrat support for Unions has nothing really to do with ideology, and everything to do with political influence and corruption.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 03, 2012, 09:47:06 AM

That wasn't a quote decrying democracy.  It was a quote decrying the safety net/handouts.

QuoteAnd of course I oppose democracy, since I oppose rule by mob.  I've always favored a Republican style of government.  Heck, I oppose universal suffrage.  People ought to have to earn the right to vote.

Gotcha.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017