Started by Caliga, February 02, 2012, 07:39:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Phillip V

11B4V

Quote from: Caliga on February 02, 2012, 07:39:38 AM
On a relate note... still illegal in Poland. :(

Is there a strong church religious feelings there or something. Figured the Euros would be ahead of the US on thes

We've already handled some DV's since DADT went out of fashion.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Phillip V on February 02, 2012, 07:53:26 AM
Good. Hopefully, it will boost their economy.

If gay wedding trips can make a significant impact on the economy of a state the size of Washington, they're pretty much fucked.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

O'Reilly said that gay marriage had destroyed marriage in Sweden years before gay marriage was allowed. That's enough for me.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Faeelin

On a related note:
http://heri.ucla.edu/pr-display.php?prQry=88

QuoteAn unprecedented 71.3 percent of incoming college students indicated that same-sex couples should have the right to legal marital status, compared with 64.9 percent in 2009, a remarkable 6.4 percentage-point increase over a two-year period. While support for same-sex marriage is highest among female students and those who identify as liberal, a significant amount of conservative students (42.8 percent) and an increasing number of male students (64.1 percent in 2011 vs. 56.7 percent in 2009) expressed support for this issue.

Valmy

Yeah a large number of young conservatives even support gay marriage.  I suspect it will be everywhere except here in Texas and the South in a couple decades.  We always like to remind everybody how much we hate minorities and how much we love to use the power of the state to fuck with them...in the name of small government don't ya know.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: 11B4V on February 02, 2012, 07:56:12 AM

Is there a strong church religious feelings there or something. Figured the Euros would be ahead of the US on thes

What are "DV's"?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Admiral Yi

If homosexualists promised to keep on working after getting married so as to not further fuck Social Security my last lingering objection would be removed.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Malthus on February 02, 2012, 10:51:39 AM

What are "DV's"?

In military parlance (which I assume he's using since he's referring to DADT), Distinguished Visitor.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

11B4V

Quote from: FunkMonk on February 02, 2012, 11:36:33 AM

What are "DV's"?

In military parlance (which I assume he's using since he's referring to DADT), Distinguished Visitor.

Domestic Violence
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Sheilbh

I'd say on a par.  Western Europe's got gay marriage (Spain, maybe the UK soon) and civil unions (in France available for straight and gay couples) but Central and Eastern Europe not so much.  I think the countries are slightly more socially conservative and, in the case of Poland, the Catholic Church is strong.

Edit:  I do think all Western European countries have some form of recognition though :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

Barrister

Quote from: 11B4V on February 02, 2012, 11:42:28 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on February 02, 2012, 11:36:33 AM

What are "DV's"?

Domestic Violence

:lol:

That's certainly what DV means in my world, but I wasn't too sure how you meant it.

Same-sex DV is an interesting beast.  Anecdotally I see more female-female DV than male-male.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Barrister on February 02, 2012, 11:49:02 AM
Same-sex DV is an interesting beast.  Anecdotally I see more female-female DV than male-male.
There's a shocker :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!