News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Korea- Too boring

Started by Josquius, January 31, 2012, 07:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

alfred russel

Quote from: Lettow77 on August 09, 2013, 10:07:49 AM
Robert E. Lee, as has been previously discussed, would doubtlessly correspond with the most perfect and composed sort of little girl. As previously discussed:

Lee is a very reserved girl, with white hair in short-to-medium bangs. She participates in tea ceremony, and is extremely elegant, admired by all. Although she is the most ladylike character, she is not arrogant, but criminally aloof. She always seems happy, albeit in a restrained manner, but is frustrated by her inability to be understood by those around her; she will place great forethought into subtle actions and the creation of a specific atmosphere to convey her feelings indirectly, but inevitably be misunderstood except by the girl who loves her the most.

I'm guessing that would be more horrifying to Lee than anything the triumvirate of Lincoln, Grant, and Sherman did.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Lettow77

That is needless trolling! Sherman and Forrest are the closest things to tomboys in the setting of Haiiro Hanasaku, although neither the mold perfectly.

I think Lee might have liked it. He was a very jovial man under the stuffiness he bore so majestically. That JEB would've gotten a laugh from it is closer to a certainty. The only people who might genuinely be displeased are Jackson and Early- One for never knowing how to have fun, and the other for being too sour and serious.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

garbon

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on August 09, 2013, 10:04:40 AM
Quote from: Lettow77 on August 09, 2013, 09:51:29 AM
You are all enslaved by your decadent lifestyles

All luxury imaginable is provided in gensokyo in any event;
everyone is a little girl, and every little girl can be a fairy princess

At least now I finally know what Robert E Lee was fighting for.

:(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tonitrus

Quote from: mongers on August 09, 2013, 10:02:26 AM
Quote from: Lettow77 on August 09, 2013, 09:58:57 AM
The mattress is a bourgeois affectation, but you can have a soft-enough mat to lay on and a fair approximation of privacy in the form of cubicle stalls for well shy of $20 an evening, along with all-you-can drink refreshment and other amenities. Notably, these places are often extremely well located- better so than hotels on average, I think.

This time of year, though, one can find plenty of Japanese sleeping outside, typically by train stations. It is somewhat accepted among young Japanese who are travelling- it is a safe and considerate country, and the police/station staff take a tolerant view.

Edit: Besides that, Kyoto in particular is famed for its particularly affordable traditional pilgrim housing. Inexpensive, an interesting experience, etc etc. Missed opportunity.

Interesting, thanks Lettow.   :)

When I was in Kyoto, I stayed at a ryoken...the best choice for that cultural immersion, and the one I was in was nice, clean, and reasonably priced.

The big downside I noticed with the purely Japanese hotels (not so much with "americanized" chains), is that if you're traveling with friends and will share a room...they would often charge strictly per person (i.e. $240 for two people in one room, that you'd pay $120 for if you were by yourself).

Admiral Yi

When I was in Japan (hanging out waiting for a work visa for Korea) I once slept on the floor of a health club for like $10.  The place was jammed with dudes who had been drinking late.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 09, 2013, 04:31:37 PM
When I was in Japan (hanging out waiting for a work visa for Korea) I once slept on the floor of a health club for like $10.  The place was jammed with dudes who had been drinking late.
I've done that in Korea. I'm done with hostels and shifty motels, I'm on vacation, I want to sleep well.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 09, 2013, 05:48:55 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 09, 2013, 04:31:37 PM
I've done that in Korea. I'm done with hostels and shifty motels, I'm on vacation, I want to sleep well.

So bougie.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Lettow77 on August 09, 2013, 09:02:55 AM

In any event, I was just in Kobe- If I had remembered you were coming to Kyoto i'd have lingered, but now i've gone and left kansai behind again. I think I need to go to Kagoshima.
Could have used you at the Kyoto International Manga  Museum. They had a mammoth special exhibit on the history of ballet in Japan and in Manga. Sounds right up your alley. ;)
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Lettow77

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 11, 2013, 04:50:10 AM
Could have used you at the Kyoto International Manga  Museum. They had a mammoth special exhibit on the history of ballet in Japan and in Manga. Sounds right up your alley. ;)

Ooh! They must have had a good section on Princess Tutu! That does sound like a ton of fun. I wonder if they worked in the Utena dance musical?

Edit: But you really did miss out on the internet cafe experience. I am adjacent to the few shared stalls, and hear a couple breathily having sex a few feet away. The woman (for we can't properly call her a lady..) makes unforceful "iya da and "dame" noises, and as I enjoy macadamia nuts and tea reclining on a wonderful cushion, it lends the area an air of cheap and restrained sin. They are adding to the ambiance.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Ed Anger

All Lettow needs now as an opium den to stroll into.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

So from google translate I gather Lettow sat by as a Japanese woman was raped.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Oh My God I'm so ducking blasted,  the drinks were ridiculously overpriced,  but their strength madeup for it. Plus the bartender gave me a free glass ofchampagne!

1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

Timmay is going to be date raped. :(
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.